Thread: Amazon

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Amazon

Is there any ceiling to this company? They have been in front of so many trends and will continue to be seeing how much money they keep reinvesting. Makes profit numbers small, but the growth and sheer revenue is incredible.

The only downside I see is if they eventually get regulated for being too dominate.

I bought 2 shares a month and a half ago and I'm up over 11% on this little investment. I mainly purchased just to give myself a rooting interest in following them.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    It's an amazing company and an even more amazing stock. Every time I think about buying it, I say no because I think, how much higher could it really go, and then I realize how stupid that thought was. I have been doing the same thing with TSLA and NFLX.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    It's an amazing company and an even more amazing stock. Every time I think about buying it, I say no because I think, how much higher could it really go, and then I realize how stupid that thought was. I have been doing the same thing with TSLA and NFLX.
    this has been my exact thought repeatedly on them.

Dosnt matter where its been just where its going...........) ............(in at 754 after I got tired of watching it go up w/o me)

5. Member
    Broke through 900 today. How much longer until it tops 1,000? Amazing

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    At what point do holders sell. It's nice to look at how much it is up each year, but I wonder how many holders are long term holders? Are there any buyers at 300 still holding?
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    At what point do holders sell. It's nice to look at how much it is up each year, but I wonder how many holders are long term holders? Are there any buyers at 300 still holding?
    I wouldn't think it would take much negative news at all for people to jump ship and take profits.

8. Member
    And away it goes again! I'd say this can't continue, but Amazon was up 115% in 2015, so I guess anything is possible.

Its not a Spec stock...........It goes up because it makes money. All those years Walmart stock made money because it was the best at what it did....then came along e-shopping. Walmart didn't adapt well (along with most Mall stores) and that left the door open for Amazon

10. Member
    Should have bought some the other day. Within the last 5 days it has gone from $874 to $922. Only problem is the initial cost for one share. You would need to be a millionaire to really notice any changes due to the number of shares you would need to buy. It's one of those stocks that would have been great to buy back when they were just an online book store. It'll obviously continue going up, but I think at some point it may split. I'm sure one day I'll regret not paying $900 a share, but that's a lot of extra cash to blow to get a few shares. Just think off all the lures that will buy?

11. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I bought 30 shares at 450 and I have 25k in $$ to buy more this week. I have had it in $$ for last 2 weeks. I lost about $1800 by hesitating but will be buying it Friday. I like Tesla too.

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    I bought 30 shares at 450 and I have 25k in $$ to buy more this week. I have had it in $$ for last 2 weeks. I lost about $1800 by hesitating but will be buying it Friday. I like Tesla too.
    I'm going to buy some TSLA if it drops to 280's before earnings or if it drops on earnings.
    Thanos was the hero

Anybody buy on the dip?

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    If I was a gambling man I would buy the May 1000 calls at $200.
    Thanos was the hero

15. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I went out on a limb.

Reasons

The stock gurus always say wait for earnings and buy the dip, I tried that last time and totally missed it.

And the main reason is, I have seen a couple small news stories about them hiring thousands at their distribution centers. Thats got to be saying business is growing strongly, right?

This will probably put an end to the run and give me a chance to average down
    Thanos was the hero

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    felt like I was gambling, so I'm not holding into earnings. Those may calls trading for 300 to 400 today
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by Bug88 View Post
    Anybody buy on the dip?
    Classic situation ....cha Ching. !.......

18. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I started to work at Amazon in April 2012. If my memory is correct stock was around $180 in April 2012. It closed at $934 over the weekend. I have coworkers that started with the company day one in 1999 when stock was like $7. In the early years they gave stock to employees like it was candy. Most people sold it because it was not worth much. If I had a dollar for every-time I heard one of them say I wish I had held onto my stock I would retire today.

19. Member
    I'm still amazed. They might break through a 1,000 today. Nothing surprises me with this stock unless it goes down. Breaking a new 52 week high nearly everyday for weeks now.

20. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Closed at 1006.73 Friday 6/2. It has been on a steady rise for several weeks/months. Prime Day is coming up in July. The first year they had Prime Day was 2015 and stock took a big jump right after the earnings report came in. In 2016 it took another jump in the third quarter but not like 2015. I am curious to see what happens this year after Prime Day earnings are released.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast