Thread: Amazon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    What a train.
    It's like a roller coaster with the up and down daily swings but in the course of the last 5 years it is definitely like a runaway train...closed $2002 on 8/30...up $500 in the last 6 months and up 600% in the last 5 years.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Trillion dollar market cap on it's way to??????
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    I started watching Amazon at $400 and thought people were nuts to pay that for a company that was losing money at the time. I said the same thing at $600 and again at $800. Then when Trump was elected the stock dropped to about $725 because Bezos and Trump are adversaries. I bought it. That was in Nov of 2016 and less than 2 years later I am close to tripling my money. I am not selling because they are going to rule the world one day.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I always like an Amazon sell off before earnings. Call spreads could pay nicely, better odds than mega millions
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    Amazon is on sale today for anybody who wants in.

6. Member
    Instead of buying Amazon I think I'm going to own it indirectly through an ETF. Looking at a Vanguard Mega Cap Growth ETF that has dropped a bit. I have an inherited IRA so I'm just going to fill out the cash positions in ETF's since I hold the individual stocks in other accounts.

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    Instead of buying Amazon I think I'm going to own it indirectly through an ETF. Looking at a Vanguard Mega Cap Growth ETF that has dropped a bit. I have an inherited IRA so I'm just going to fill out the cash positions in ETF's since I hold the individual stocks in other accounts.
    Thats what we buy in the wife's 403B. The lower it goes the better for our 25 year time horizon.
    Thanos was the hero

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Thats what we buy in the wife's 403B. The lower it goes the better for our 25 year time horizon.
    With the Apple guidance I'm wondering if I will be able to pick it up tomorrow at my 110.00 limit order. Be interesting to see how the market responds.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234