Thread: Amazon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I don't have a full stock but partials of them through Folio First 3/4 quarter share up 35%

2. Member
    Can anything slow down Amazon's growth? Just the mention of Amazon getting into a segment drops other competitor's stock prices 5-15%. I know Amazon has its hooks into my family pretty good, at the expense of other retailers that in previous years would have gotten our money. A Prime membership is invaluable to us now.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Can anything slow down Amazon's growth? Just the mention of Amazon getting into a segment drops other competitor's stock prices 5-15%. I know Amazon has its hooks into my family pretty good, at the expense of other retailers that in previous years would have gotten our money. A Prime membership is invaluable to us now.

Yeah, Prime is freaking amazing and they could charge alot more for it, and probably will one day. Remember cellphone costs. The phone companies were eating the costs of the phones to get everyone hooked, then all of a sudden one day we have to pay full price. I could see that happening with prime. Get everyone addicted to buying anything and everything and then receiving it two days later, and then one day jack up the price to adequately reflect the cost of shipping, we may bitch and moan, but we will pay. Can't imagine the stock price when that happens. Amazon will be the biggest cash machine ever, the only rival will be the Federal Reserve.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    I dont think this stock is going down any time soon, but I do know plenty of people that will just rid prime if the price doubled. The only reason we all have it is because they already have competitive pricing on items and offer streaming services. I can justify 8 bucks a month for prime video and get free 2 day shipping always as a perk, but it is not close to an addiction. We all still scour the net to save a few bucks. It is rare that I need something I purchase immediately. Maybe I am the minority, but I still hear 'cheap' everytime I hear Amazon. Regardless, I have no issue continuing to pick up amzn and climb the hill with bezos.

Maybe I should be asking, what are you guys using Prime for that I am not currently? I might not be fully utilizing...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jab0106 View Post
    Maybe I should be asking, what are you guys using Prime for that I am not currently? I might not be fully utilizing...
    I originally got Prime just for the free books on my kindle. Figured I only had to read about 10 books a year to break even. Not necessarily all the books I would have bought are available, but I have to take a 1 hour lunch at work every day and I pack my lunch, so I read every day.

Then I got hooked on the 2 day shipping, absolutely love the video and got rid of Netflix. I'm also a huge fan of our Echo with the Prime music. We didn't spring for the music unlimited, but darn near every song I ask Alexa to play, she does.

6. Member
    I did get an echo for the father in law and I love it but the wife cares nothing for it. The books make sense but I don't use the kindle as the kiddo usually has control of it. It made a lot of sense for the prime video, but now that kodi is a thing I know about, that is no longer the case. Either way, its a great stock :D

7. Member

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

I won't bore anyone with the details of what my Nov and Dec call spreads did.
    Thanos was the hero

Closed at $1100.95 on 10/27. It had been running 980 ish for the last couple of weeks. I need a mop to clean the floor with all the tears being cried . Most of the legacy employees that had hundreds of shares gave to them many years ago sold them when they hit $200 about 5.5 years ago thinking they were getting rich. If they would have held onto them for 5 more years they would be sitting on some real money

Read the comment I made in post 20 about wondering how much it will go up after the quarter earnings are released...well I guess the answer is a $100 gain now that the earnings for that quarter has been released. Now it will be interesting to see what it does after the first of the year when the year end earnings are released. I am holding onto my shares.
    Last edited by JR19; 12-30-2017 at 07:51 AM.

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    awesome. I hope the price just sits here for the next couple months consolidating or sell off a little prior to the next earnings, and I will make the same trades.
    Thanos was the hero

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Check that P/E of 300+

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyGreenOutdoors View Post
    Check that P/E of 300+

Whats a fair multiple for taking over the world?
    Thanos was the hero

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Whats a fair multiple for taking over the world?
    I see he hasn't realized that Amazon stock acts a bit differently than others...

14. Member
    Still amazed. I wonder where this runway ends?

15. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I don't know but I'm sitting on call spreads.
    Thanos was the hero

16. Member
    $1300

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    My calls paid very nicely today, and yet still managed to leave money on the table. I picked up some more, two weeks out.
    Thanos was the hero

18. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Broke through 900 today. How much longer until it tops 1,000? Amazing
    This reply was made 9 months and 1 week ago...up 400 since then.

19. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Amazon is increasing their prime membership cost by 20%. They just keep printing money.

And I would easily pay more for that membership.
    Thanos was the hero

20. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    My calls paid very nicely today, and yet still managed to leave money on the table. I picked up some more, two weeks out.

The calls I picked up are paying nicely now. 1345-1350 call spreads, and 1360 -1370 call spreads. Already sold some to lock in profits, will let the rest ride to see if I can maximum profit.

Today I picked up next weeks 1460-1470 call spreads for 135 each and 1450-1455 call spreads for 75 each. These are for earnings, they will go to zero if the stock price doesn't get to there by end of next week.
    Thanos was the hero

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast