Winnipesaukee Ramps

Ive been launching out of Lees Mills ramp for the past couple years. I am really not too familiar with the rest of the lake as far as what ramps are open to public, good ramp vs bad ones or which ones have a fee. Hoping this year to explore some other parts of Winni instead of always launching out of Lees Mills. So what other ramps do you guys prefer to use?

Go fish Squam you'll have a better time, specially on the weekend!
    1998 202 DC / Mercury 300R

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 95202DCX View Post
    Go fish Squam you'll have a better time, specially on the weekend!
    I usually do, but have been trying winni more often lately.

4. Member
    I usually use Brown's Boat Basin.
    The Sand's and Wolfeboro public ramp.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Every time this subject is brought up, my blood boils. It is incomprehensible that our states largest lake, and a major source of recreation (and revenue) has such limited free public access. Every time I travel it never ceases to amaze me what other states do for their boaters...

6. Member
    Agreed,Jim
    Red Sox in 6!

You can launch Center Harbor , Meredith Bay , Alton Bay ,Wolfeboro these are public ramps

2009 ELITE 210

Quote Originally Posted by BILL LO View Post
    You can launch Center Harbor , Meredith Bay , Alton Bay ,Wolfeboro these are public ramps
    Talking about free...2 of those are pay to launch. Every year I register my boat the state takes a percentage of the fee and is supposed to use that money towards public access. Except, of course, when they take $500,000 from the fund to balance the state budget...

9. Member
    If anyone of you use ramps with a fee could you let me know what the fee is and how to go about paying for it? I don't know if some places give tickets you pay after or theres always someone at the ramp etc etc

10. Member
    Here are a few free ramps besides lees mills, Wolfeboro town docks launch, Wolfeboro Libby Museum launch, Tuftonboro 19 mile bay launch, Melvin Village launch. I think there are a few more.

Just to clarify my comments, part of my rant is that we don't have a launch area where we have the capability to have a weigh in. I do realize that there are free places to launch, but if tournament fishing, there are restrictions on parking, use of the area, etc. It gets expensive having to pay an extra $25 just to have a place to weigh in.

For such a giant lake, it is always a pita to launch there. It usually involves money or a long walk back to the ramp from the parking spot or you have to launch in a secluded part of the lake like Alton Bay, which sucks for fishing by the way. Browns is good if you can find a spot due to all the trailers left in the parking spots from the islanders, but a long walk. Center Harbor is a long walk. I prefer Squam anyways. Much better fishing.

After posting this I found that Browns and Center Harbor charge $20. What a scam going on up there.

Look at this and you'll see
    http://www.lakewinnipesaukee.info/ma...-boat-launches
    Last edited by Capw; 04-02-2017 at 12:44 AM.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

13. Member
    if you plunked that Lake 800 miles south,the amount of boater/fisherman access would be much different.
    Red Sox in 6!

14. Member
    Only been up to Winni with my boat twice. Both times I launched at a dirt ramp adjacent to Harilla Landing at the end of Long Island Road. No fee the two times I was there. Roadside parking about 100 yards away.
    1996 Nitro 205 Sport SF
    1996 Mercury 175 EFI
    Lowrance HDS-7 Touch Networked Console and Bow
    Point 1 & Sonic Hub

15. Member
    Just an FYI, they only charge you to launch at these ramps for part of the year. I'm not 100% certain but I believe it's from May through September, then there's no one there to collect money at the dock. During that time period though, the earliest anyone is there to collect money is 6am. So long as you launch before then, you don't have to pay. I haven't paid to launch out of Winni in about 5 years. I make sure I'm up and on the water by 5:30. Makes for an early day, but it's nice to save the $20. I always go out of either Meredith, or Center Harbor. I prefer Meredith, less traffic to drive through to get back to the highway, but the parking lot is a decent walk from the launch.