Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drake322 View Post
    Had two more instances yesterday. Damn this is getting old.................
    Yep, I almost threw my 73SV in the lake a couple of days ago.

2. Member
    Knock on wood, I've never experienced this (yet). 93sv chirp. Still running 3.70 and did not update as wondered if it was involved. Probably not as some older units do this, older software, etc. I never run charts (no need on my lakes), always run split screens, slight gain increase, all else on default. Evidently the root cause is some thing not being considered. Maybe like a voltage issue, bent pin, cradle problem. Odd that it happens to some, not others. But looking at other forums, other brands experience similar phenomenoms. Hopefully it will get resolved. Frustrating to have such issues with an item we depend on so much.

3. Member
    Still happening, one instance Friday and one yesterday.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

4. Member
    We need a fix for this crap..................................

Know that engineers have been trying to replicate this issue for weeks without any luck. For those having the issue, are you either recording or viewing QuickDraw contours when the lockups occur?
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Know that engineers have been trying to replicate this issue for weeks without any luck. For those having the issue, are you either recording or viewing QuickDraw contours when the lockups occur?
    I am always viewing Quickdraw. Now that you mention it thought it doesn't seem to happen a lot while recording but I know for sure I've had it happen while not recording.

7. Member
    I am not recording anything. I have on one side lake map and on the other side is either down view or side view. Most of the time it is on side view.

8. Member
    I am not recording anything either. Seems like it happens when I am going back and forth between the display and menu adjusting the brightness and contrast for best display. Always while using a split screen. Side view, clear view and Maps.

For those with this issue, please reply to the following questions:

Are you interacting with the product when it freezes (changing pages, settings, etc.), or does the unit simply freeze up on its own, or both?

When the unit freezes,
    What water depths are you in?
    What sonar frequencies are you running?
    What specific page combination is up?
    Do you have multiple depth intervals shaded and if so, which ones?
    Are you using any lake level offset?

Please list any other customized settings changed from default.

Screenshots of the frozen display would help a lot, even if it is simply from a cell phone.
    Garmin Pro Team

10. Member
    Todd,
    I don't remember all of that. If it happens again I will make a note of that information.

11. Member
    It's worth noting Garmin has my unit that I sent in and I didn't clear any of the settings before I sent it to them.

Are you interacting with the product when it freezes (changing pages, settings, etc.), or does the unit simply freeze up on its own, or both? Always on it's own.

When the unit freezes,
    What water depths are you in? Doesn't seem to matter. Anywhere from 3-30 I've had it lock up.
    What sonar frequencies are you running? 200/455
    What specific page combination is up? Chart/Side/2d, Chart Only, Chart/Side/Down
    Do you have multiple depth intervals shaded and if so, which ones? Yes, too many to list.
    Are you using any lake level offset? Yes between 1-2 ft.

Please list any other customized settings changed from default.

Screenshots of the frozen display would help a lot, even if it is simply from a cell phone.

12. Member
    Todd, the event referenced above (where I was ready to throw it in the lake) happened after I tried to update the LakeVu map. The unit is an echoMap 73sv, non chirp that came with LakeVu HD built in. I purchased a LakeVu HD Ultra card for it. This is mounted at the console.
    I noticed that while on Toledo Bend that I was getting 10' contour lines instead of 1'. I called support a few days later and their solution was to update LakeVu via Express because they said I had the older LakeVu before TB was updated. I went through the update process but I couldn't get the update to take on my unit.

I removed the update card, inserted the Ultra card and went fishing. Unit was on side view in less than 6' of water when I experienced the unit freezing up. I was not doing anything with the unit when it would freeze. I would remove it from the cradle to recycle power and after 15-30 minutes it would freeze again. After 5 or 6 cycles of this I shut it off, resisted dunking it and continued fishing using the 73 chirp cv at the bow.

I haven't had the sv freeze on me lately. Still don't have 1' contour lines on Toledo Bend but I do on Cross Lake where it really matters.

13. Member
    Unit own its own, all depths up to 30', 200/455, any combination of screens, no depth shade intervals, no lake level off set.

This unit did not freeze up until AFTER I did the update 3.8 ver.

14. Member
    Mine as best as I can remember happens when I have the lake view up when I am moving from 1 spot to another & leave lake view up after I stop to fish. Usually fishing in 10ft or less. Only realize it has frozen up when I get back to console to move again & screen has not kept up with boat movement. Have to remove unit from cradle & push power button in for about 10 seconds till screen goes blank.

Note that new software is now available (4.10). Engineers did ID a freeze-up issue, which this new software addresses. Please report back after installing and running this software.
    Garmin Pro Team

16. Member

Praying

Great News, have my fingers crossed.

17. Member

USA

Did the update and went to the lake. Since it was really windy I mostly drove around and played with my 93sv. All kinds of configurations along with quick draw and recording. I had no freezing occurrences what so ever... Hope this is not a fluke.

18. Member
    Note that new software is now available (4.10). Engineers did ID a freeze-up issue, which this new software addresses. Please report back after installing and running this software.
    I updated to 4.1 and used it for roughly 30+ hours with no lockups yet. Do you know more details about the issue they found?

19. Member
    How do you update the software version? Mine is freezing up as well. I'll take a picture if it happens again before I update it.
    2022 Tracker PT 195 TXW
    Mercury Pro XS 150hp Four stroke
    Minn Kota Terrova 55 TM 12 volt
    Garmin Echomap 73sv on Console
    Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv on bow
    Garmin Livescope GLS 10

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbeasley62 View Post
    How do you update the software version? Mine is freezing up as well. I'll take a picture if it happens again before I update it.
    Go here and download the update. Instructions are at the very bottom of the page

http://www8.garmin.com/support/downl...ls.jsp?id=4749

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast