Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    I have a 921 Pro with a Verado Pro with 12" plate. I run Bravo props as well. With that setup I am all day at 73-75 with full load and 2 guys. I've pissed close to 78 by myself and tournament load. The boat is on rails, easy to drive and plenty fast. I have 4 conventional batteries and dual 10' Blades as well. You can click my link for video of one of my runs.

Biggest thing with 4 stroke is no oil to worry about, and with the Verado Pro it's dead silent at idle. Conversations are no issue around 40 mph either, and that's in a single console. Fuel economy is better that a 2 stroke to about 45/50mph area when set up. I can pull single digits gph to about 45, 10-12gph to about 50 if I recall. WOT is 26 gph for me, which is only about 3gph more than my XS was, and I'm 4-6mph faster in this 921.

Advantages to the Verado Pro is the DTS throttle and steering. You can select the hot foot or hand throttle with a touch of a button, no steel cable for hot foot either...it's digital control.

After one full year with the 921/Verado Pro setup, I'm more than pleased with the overall package. Excellent boat with speed, ride and storage and the Verado Pro has some cool features that I would definitely miss if I went back to a 2 stroke.

Oh...and the low to midrange response is pretty damn good as well. The weather doesn't effect this motor much at all. No issues running good speeds in the heat of the summer...it's consistent all year. I'm a big fan of Bravo prop, so handling in any conditions is never an issue along with all the lift the prop provides for carrying loads or needing to keep the nose at a certain angle in rough water.
    I have the same set-up (except 8' PP and two Lithiums for the TM) on my 2015 Phoenix and love it.

2. Member
    Great video John.... just finished breaking in the blue phx I bought from you guys ....she runs great!!,

3. AnglersPortJohn
    Great to hear Don! We all loved the colors on your boat. Keep us posted!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12