Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Mr. Touch of Class, where are you? I'm sure you could jump in here and educate us on this subject.
    He will probably be on here soon.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    He will probably be on here soon.
    Haven't heard from him in a while. Figured he must be on vacation or working at his 2nd job---test pilot for Charger proving in these new Elite boats we're waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Anyone ever hear about blisters on a Charger?
    My 2006 186 doesn't have them but this blister thing not being a warranty issue with any manufacturer is disturbing. What is a consumer supposed to do accept it?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbanhick View Post
    My 2006 186 doesn't have them but this blister thing not being a warranty issue with any manufacturer is disturbing. What is a consumer supposed to do accept it?
    Put gatorbacks on and pray.

On my 3rd Charger, never had an issue with quality.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbanhick View Post
    I hate say it not much we can do.

They come from when the EPA put regulations on the industry and they had to change resin and that is what caused most of the blisters. The only answer is vote out people that want the EPA regulations or we can just except the results of the nation voting the way they did that put people in place that put the regulations on the boating industry.

as far as i know any glass boat manufacturer only warranties gelcoat finishes for 30 days. its merely cosmetic and can 99% be attributed to the owner on what happens. people who leave there boat in the water for more than a day are supposed to use special wax compounds to make them handle it as gell can and will soak in water.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Well....BassCat wont warranty blisters so call that one a wash.
    No manufacturer warranties blisters past a year that I'm aware of. I'm not sure of the resins Charger uses but I have had many conversations with Rick Pierce and there has been a wealth of knowledge posted on this site in reference to the resins BCB is using on premium models. The increased cost to BCB is amazing in the VE resins they use but Rick told me "it's that important." BCB is the only manufacturer I know still offering a lifetime warranty for the life of the boat no matter who owns it. I would like for someone from Charger to post about their resins too because I'm curious like the rest.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    No manufacturer warranties blisters past a year that I'm aware of. I'm not sure of the resins Charger uses but I have had many conversations with Rick Pierce and there has been a wealth of knowledge posted on this site in reference to the resins BCB is using on premium models. The increased cost to BCB is amazing in the VE resins they use but Rick told me "it's that important." BCB is the only manufacturer I know still offering a lifetime warranty for the life of the boat no matter who owns it. I would like for someone from Charger to post about their resins too because I'm curious like the rest.

Well after all that fluffing up, they still don't warranty for blisters.... so it's still a wash.

10. Member
    How many years does Charger warranty their hulls (not talking about blisters)?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    How many years does Charger warranty their hulls (not talking about blisters)?
    Lifetime since 2007 I believe

There website says "Limited Lifetime Warranty. See dealer for more information." Is this to the original owner only or does it transfer?

When I sold my 08 we was able to transfer!

14. Member
    That's good.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Haven't heard from him in a while. Figured he must be on vacation or working at his 2nd job---test pilot for Charger proving in these new Elite boats we're waiting for.
    He's back.

16. Member
    just for the record every manufacturers brochure i have ever seen in the warranty terms states items not covered under warranty are as follows Fading / Cracking / Crazing / Blistering I think if any of these items were to be covered it would be at the descretion of the manufacturer. I was at the classic the lynx was a super nice boat and Basscat builds a rock solid constructed boat and I would be proud to own one without a second thought, I owned a 181, 191, 203 and they were great rough water boats but at rest tilted side to side, the wide body models that came out solved that issue, both boats were impressive. looking at the 210 was like stepping back in time and put a smile on my face to see them looking so good they nailed it with the reproduction of the 210. I run a Z521C and love it but am in the market for a new ride and will make a decision which company to go with or maybe a 2018 Ranger, either way I wont bash any company they all make good boats compared to what we all had in the beginning.

17. Member
    I like the 210 being a previous champ owner 3 times, I think this boat is on my radar however the EZ Loader is a deal breaker due to past experience with the company, like many others they are using a outside source to build the carrier, I would like to see all the trailers in house out of channel iron steel, I will never own another trailer from an outside company but I really love the 210 itself.

18. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    My 2000 ez loader still has the original bunks no rust no cracks I have never had a problem with any of the 3 ez trailers I have owned.

19. Member
    Some have good experience some have bad but if you have ever tried to deal with an outside source on a trailer issue it becomes the blame game and can get ugly, nothing against Charger boats it's just been my experience, dri doc trailers as well under my 2000 Champion, i personally think an inhouse built trailer would solidify this package, Charger seems to have a great thing going on with the revamp champ, and no plastic crap all over the boat a big plus.

Many boat makers out source for trailers. TI are pretty darned good. The Dri Docs were crap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12