Thread: tax bill

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc.in.wi View Post
    Not the whole nation, or the majority.
    Huh ??

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    They're just getting it in other ways boys But hey, at least you feel good about it
    Not really. Great cost of living here. Don't see any ways they are getting to us.

3. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    My accountant likes to say if you ain't paying taxes your not making any money. Much better then the alternative.
    BINGO, let the bitchers bitch. I'm good

Dale Sinclair original

4. Member

Find a job that better suits your tax needs instead of the other way around.......Put yourself in a lower income level so you guys don't complain about paying in soon much

1st world problems I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Snickers89 View Post
    Wow is all I can say. Uncle Sugar sure is greedy. So frustrated right now!
    If it ain't 5figures I don't feel any sympathy.
    I got nothin

Quote Originally Posted by AlumRanger View Post
    Can't count how many times they have "reformed taxes" at the Federal level...... and look what we've got...... bigger gov and fubar.

Reform won't work, we need the Fair Tax. Anything less is just killing us slowly.
    Do you really think they will spend less money if we have the "Fair Tax"? The first clue that the "Fair Tax" is nothing more than a money making scam, is the word "Fair" and "Tax" in the same discussion.

P01135809

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Do you really think they will spend less money if we have the "Fair Tax"? The first clue that the "Fair Tax" is nothing more than a money making scam, is the word "Fair" and "Tax" in the same discussion.
    Yep......We had a huge debate some years ago about that......Nothing "fair" about fair tax act. Kills the low income as they rely more on goods to survive that even middle class. We have it cause the rich get off again (and I mean very rich, like Buffet/Gates rich.).

I just wished that they'd stop giving folks back more money then they paid in.. That would be "fair".

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    My accountant likes to say if you ain't paying taxes your not making any money. Much better then the alternative.
    I'm with you. If I'm paying a big tax bill I must have done something right.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CigarBasser View Post
    I just wished that they'd stop giving folks back more money then they paid in.. That would be "fair".
    I completely agree with that!

I do see it as help though. When my wife was loosing her job to foreign outsourcing & went back to school, we qualified for EIC. This was the 1st & only time I had know much about this. My CPA did his job to ensure we got back all that we could. Now I never saw this 10k more stuff you hear & read about all the time, but it did help us get buy till she was able to graduate & move on to a much more stable and better job! Now we are both paying in our fair share, and lucky to get half of our paid taxes back. Granted, if I wasn't paying over $800 a month in 2016 in health insurance, we would not get any back, but still beat being left with nothing each month & barely getting by.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CigarBasser View Post
    This is a big problem that a lot of people don't even know about. Try 47% of tax filers pay 0 yes that's 0 federal tax. You can thank the EIC and child credits and other credits that should be done away with period. A flat tax on every dollar earned would be a fair tax but will never happen. I don't care if you make $5 or $5,000,000.00 you need to pay your share and not get a credit that lets you pay nothing.

12. Member
    We don't pay state income tax but the property taxes are getting a little out of hand. Started thinking about retirement and fixed income and as much as I like Texas I am starting to think it might make more sense to retire elsewhere.

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ford4wd08 View Post
    Same for TN!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    This is a big problem that a lot of people don't even know about. Try 47% of tax filers pay 0 yes that's 0 federal tax. You can thank the EIC and child credits and other credits that should be done away with period. A flat tax on every dollar earned would be a fair tax but will never happen. I don't care if you make $5 or $5,000,000.00 you need to pay your share and not get a credit that lets you pay nothing.
    I'm 100% onboard with eliminating ALL deductions, exemptions, etc.
    EIC is nothing more than camouflage lipstick on a big fat pig (welfare check).
    But you'll never sell me on a 'flat tax' since it's very HIGHLY regressive.
    Regressive taxation will eventually eliminate the middle class, we see it today.
    Our current progressive scale is appropriate, just have to eliminate the 'perks'.
    Exemptions/deductions are built to benefit corporations and special interests.

15. Member
    Regressive taxation is a buzzword created by Liberals to deflect the fairness in that type of taxation. If there were a flat tax of say 3 per cent that means that someone making only 20000.00 would pay 600.00 and someone making 20 million dollars would pay 600,000.00 so I'm calling BS that it is unfair to low wage earners. Implement that type of tax and no exemptions problem solved. It also shows the Government exactly how much they have to spend, it don't get no easier than that.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Regressive taxation is a buzzword created by Liberals to deflect the fairness in that type of taxation. If there were a flat tax of say 3 per cent that means that someone making only 20000.00 would pay 600.00 and someone making 20 million dollars would pay 600,000.00 so I'm calling BS that it is unfair to low wage earners. Implement that type of tax and no exemptions problem solved. It also shows the Government exactly how much they have to spend, it don't get no easier than that.
    YEP....and under current policy, taxation for the person making 20 mil will pay about 39%, which is 7.8 mil instead of $600,000......so you don't think they are in FAVOR of that?? Tax burden has and always will be pushed off to middle to lower class workers. Those that make less than the 18k a year threshold are the one benefiting the most from it. BUT, at the same time, it's the very wealthy that are supporting more than 50% of the actual tax money going to the Fed's, they just decide how to Divy it up.

What sucks is those of us in the middle class (anything from 30k up to about $250k a year income) are the ones holding the bill in the end as we are carrying most of the weight by % and not $ amount. A person making 20mil a year is probably in a better position to write off/deduct as much as possible based upon what he purchased that year, where a guy making 75k not so much. We take a standardized deduction & call it good. The 20mil guy gets to write off a couple more million as long as he can show it was used for business or something else, or can spread depreciation out over a few years......thus lowering his actual taxable income saving hims a few hundy thousand.

BTW....the fair tax act was about taxing good & services, not your income. Who do you think benefits the most from that?

17. Member
    +1000. I've been telling people this for years. We all get the same benefits & protections from the federal, state & local government. So everyone should pay in.

If you only make $12 000 a year, zero is your fair share

P01135809

I have an idea...

Since the top 20% of wage earners pay 85% of the income taxes in this country, why not make it so only people who earn in the top 20% even have to pay taxes at all! ... Here's how it will work. If you file a return and don't fall within the top 20% of the country's average, you get a full refund of everything that was withheld throughout the year. ...this would also prevent people from receiving $10k refunds when they didn't even work. Of course, we would have to eliminate ALL exemptions as well so that the government would no longer be able to use the tax code to "buy" votes. Win Win if you ask me.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Yep......We had a huge debate some years ago about that......Nothing "fair" about fair tax act. Kills the low income as they rely more on goods to survive that even middle class. We have it cause the rich get off again (and I mean very rich, like Buffet/Gates rich.).
    do like trump he pays no taxes . your doing something wrong

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast