Thread: Coast types

Coast types

Ok when I was coming up lee boats where super popular now I'm pretty sure they outta business. I got a transom repair DIY on an old sportcraft boat that lets say ain't going well. I have a motor a trolling motor and a boat without transom. So I was thinking punt and get a hull only. What are guys running down there for a marsh boat like lee? And where can I find it any help would be appreciated I'm losing my mind.

2. Member
    Most guys have changed over to alluminum boats on the coast. There are still a few lee boats around. Buddy of mine has one that is set up perfect but they aren't near as stable as alluminum. I think Lee is still in business down in florida somewhere. The buddy of mine had his custom built maybe a year and a half ago.

There are some really good alluminum boat brands out there. However, they are all pretty proud of them. They are really good because you can pretty much do everything out of them. We obvioulsy bass fish, inshore (specs, reds, flounder), gator hunt, duck hunt, deer hunt on mgt area,etc.... jack it up, spray it out and ready to go again!

Thanks bro for the input love the paca chunk btw. i called and sent email one disconnected the other undelivered. i have looked at aluminum and will probably have to go that route but i like how fast them lees can get.

4. Member
    Thanks... not sure what the issue is with getting through but you can e-mail me directly: justin@netbait.com I will answer any questions you have.

The Lee is certainly fast, the one my buddy had built was rated for a 90hp. It would fly but sat very low in the water and was very unstable. He went down to a 60hp for safety but lost a lot of the top end.