Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I can feel op's pain, you pay top $$ for a product and the frustration begins to set in when the stuff does not work and you are not able to resolve the issue through the proper chain of support.

Many years back I was about to buy a Mercedes Sprinter Van, and I backed out of it as there was a lack of able mechanics that could resolve the simplest of issues.
    I suffered similar fate with my duramax diesel, the chevy mechanic at the stealership I bought my truck at was at a complete loss, they actually kept my truck for nearly a month and finally rebuilt the front diffy.

The irony is that my buddy who works at ASE in Detroit correctly diagnosed the problem without ever seeing the truck.

My experience with Humminbird was good, I have called then a couple of times and they are willing to listen and help.

Being persistent and working with them is key but getting someone who has the knowledge or is willing to take it to the next level is what you need to resolve a not so regular issue.
    Shibs
    Crestliner 1700 with 90 hp 4S (2016)
    Avid spoonplugger and student of Buck Perry.
    Fish out of Muskegon Lake, MI

Onix 10 SI

2. Banned
    It was Humminbird sorry to say!

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    I stand corrected!

4. Member
    Isn't it interesting that this guy will not tell what the problem is but is more than willing to bash HB? That tends to make me suspicious.

5. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I sent him contact information directly and never heard a world back.
    I have always gotten great results from Sharon or Deborah, as well as several other reps.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

6. Member

7. Member
    I ran birds for years and switched to lowrance and love them but there customer service cant touch HB,s lowrance customer service is horrible they know 2 things do a factory reset if that don't work send it in total joke.

8. Member
    No word from the OP, he has put up the same post on every forum I have been on??????

9. Member
    Nothing about this post seems accurate or factual. No sympathy here.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frazier2209 View Post
    Nothing about this post seems accurate or factual. No sympathy here.
    + 1

11. Banned
    Must be a liberal.

12. Member
    Bash a great company and poof he's done disappeared! Shameful!

Just let it die
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

14. Member
    OK would a great company sell you a unit for 2 k and not supply the proper cables to hook it up. yeah their GREAT alright.
    Luck favors the prepared ; Louis pasteur

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by poleNhand View Post
    OK would a great company sell you a unit for 2 k and not supply the proper cables to hook it up. yeah their GREAT alright.
    * they're
    Someone on the packageing line dropped the wrong cable in, it can happen. A 3min call would fix that. You've never made a mistake? No need to answer, it was rhetorical.

16. Member
    When there is a piece of paper in the manual telling you, You may need to purchase additional cables. This is not a mistake, This is by design.
    Luck favors the prepared ; Louis pasteur

17. Member
    The power cord is provided. That and the provided transducer are all that is required for the unit to operate. Additional cables are only required for networking or adding accessories and not everyone does that. It really isn't any different than buying anything else with options. Buying a boat is the worst....LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Hey ..... No one told me when I bought my boat that I would have to buy anchors and fishing poles too....

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

19. Member
    I do have to sympathize a bit.

Spent close to $3,500 for helix 7, helix 10 and ulterra w link. I was completely annoyed that I had to buy an additional 12 inch adapter cord for $25 so it can connect to the helix.

The ability to connect a link capable tm to the fish finder is one of if not THE reason why people by the link version, so this should absolutely be included.

This move wreaks of greediness and leaves a sour taste towards Johnson outdoors. I have given them 100% walletshare when equipping my boat. This little cable can't cost more than $3-$5 to produce...and that's being generous.

I have also had to call their customer service for an issue and experienced a rep or two that were just plain rude.

For these reasons I feel hummingbird and minn kota have yet to earn my loyalty. I know I am just one customer but I know I am not alone. A lost opportunity for them for sure as I do believe they make a decent product...worthy for anglers to get behind en masse.

20. Member
    To compare (I'm completely disgusted with humminbird) to someone that put in the wrong cables on the factory line is a stretch! Look humminbird sells hundreds of thousands of units and most people who buy a unit get everything that is supposed to come in the box ,that said if they forgot or gave me the wrong cable I'd be pissed for sure but for most I think everything is in the box along with a awesome unit that shows the lake bottom like no other !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast