Replacing 2009 HPDI 250 2 stroke filters

Is there a specific repair manual I can get to walk me through replacing the injector and vst filters? Are there 8 total fuel filters? Thanks.

2. Member
    For my 2005 225 H.O the VST was easy and the trick after pulling the hose off is to use the right sized wood screw to lightly seat into the VST filter and then pull it out. I also use the same factory clamps that can be found on fleabay and all you need is some side cutters to install them while making sure not to squeeze too hard. The only filters I changed/Cleaned were the VST and fuel/water. You may want to also clean the exhaust pressure sensor.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

3. Member
    No offense but an HPDI is a completely different animal than an ETEC. I would ask this question in the Yamaha forum. From my experience some of the filters are relatively easy and some not so much. Starting at the boat here is what you have. Water separator in the bilge, canister filter, high pressure filter, VST filter, 6 basket filters on the injectors, and one basket filter on top of the HP fuel pump. There is also an oil filter on the pump in your oil tank.

If you don't have one buy a service manual. It will be a big help. The engine mounted canister filter is a real pain. Make sure you lube the o ring and it helps to get the clear bowl in the freezer for 20 minutes before re-installing it with a new filter element.
    Just another beer drinker with a fishing problem.

4. Member
    Nice thanks! I changed the fuel/water filter in the bilge. The engine runs fine but died once or twice idling, even after warmup

5. Member
    I would start by checking the low pressure fuel pumps. There are 2 of them. The rubber diaphragms get eaten up by ethanol. To check to see if they are bad loosen them from the block, there are 2 of them kind of behind the VST. pump up your fuel primer ball. if fuel leaks from the pumps they are bad. You can rebuild them but I find it easier to just replace them. They are about $35 bucks each from Sim Yamaha. If they don't leak then start with the filters. There is a sticky at the top of the Yamaha page that will help you with the pumps.
    Just another beer drinker with a fishing problem.

6. Member
    Thanks man!