Thread: How long.....

How long.....

How long did you guys look before you found the right Gambler?? These jokers are hard to find!

2. Member
    My Gambler fell in my lap literally.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

3. Member
    I've had five since 1992 and this is the best one yet..........but I keep looking.
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums (4)
    Garmin 126/126/1222 & Solix 15

Mine took about 6 months, and always looking for my next one if I can afford it

Took my Cobra in for service and left with my Gambler in 2001. Gentleman bought the Gambler brand new, put 3 hrs. on it and traded it in for a pontoon boat for the new wife.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

6. Member
    I spent a year looking for mine....91 206 TE
    Former USAF Gunner B-52H

7. Member
    I wanted one for over 20 years. Mine popped up and I jumped on it. Be patient and get the one you want.

8. Member
    I had always liked gamblers and have a friend with a 94 intimidator that wouldn't sell his, stopped looking and as soon as that happened I saw mine for sale and new it was the right one and bought it as soon as I could. I looked for about 4-5 months, it was either this boat or a stratos 294 or triton tr196. If I found a 2000 or newer intimidator with a 225 Pro XS single console(hard find) I'd by it if I could!

9. Member
    Way back in 1990 I fished a tourney on our river and sat on a point when i heard the tap,tap,tap, of a boat ticking off the waves coming down the river. Never heard a sound like this and turned to see what was coming our way. I've heard and seen hundreds of boats and was even able to tell "who" was going going by without turning around to look. But this boat was different. We both stopped fishing and turned to watch and our jaws dropped as we watched a single console Gambler with a 150 pass by at what seamed like an unobtainable speed for us poor souls. It was that day that all other boats were just bass boats and a Gambler had become a dream. Fast forward 20 years and I fulfilled my dream..

Quote Originally Posted by chsapeak View Post
    Way back in 1990 I fished a tourney on our river and sat on a point when i heard the tap,tap,tap, of a boat ticking off the waves coming down the river. Never heard a sound like this and turned to see what was coming our way. I've heard and seen hundreds of boats and was even able to tell "who" was going going by without turning around to look. But this boat was different. We both stopped fishing and turned to watch and our jaws dropped as we watched a single console Gambler with a 150 pass by at what seamed like an unobtainable speed for us poor souls. It was that day that all other boats were just bass boats and a Gambler had become a dream. Fast forward 20 years and I fulfilled my dream..
    this read, was like a script out of a book....nicely done shakespeare!
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    this read, was like a script out of a book....nicely done shakespeare!
    FIFY
    You mean chsapeare....

12. Member
    Bullets also have that sound, you know there moving when you hear that!!

13. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    When i bought my 2200 almost 9 years ago, i had sold my Skeeter ZX225 to "downsize" as i just had my first child. i somehow downsized from a 20' Skeeter to a 22' Gambler. The minute the skeeter was gone, i started my pursuit for a smaller boat...and then i found the Gambler...which had been for sale for more than a year...made a silly offer and 2 days later, i was on my way to Delaware to pick it up. When i sold my Gambler to Jay M, i tried to lose the speed bug, and bought a BassCat with a 225 which i was very content with...until i heard a friend of mine open up his Bullet/300x about a mile away and saw him go by...at that point, i knew i wasn't passed the speed bug. Much to the chagrin of my wife! Looked online that night...found my current rig in Texas and three days later, it was headed north to MA. Had to keep it at my buddy's as there was still a Basscat in my garage. Was very fortunate to sell that Basscat a week later...there is something to be said for the sound of these boats boat on pad...it's been about 5 months since i've had to wait to get back on the water, but every now and then i go check on the boat. That motor still puts a charge in me even sitting on the trailer with 2' of snow on the ground.

i still feel like i'm part of the Gambler family as that was how i was introduced to BBC...all of the knowledge and help was amazing...i'm like an unofficial Gambler member still
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

I dream to have a newer 2100 SC or intimidator 2000 with a 250xs on it... but my current 1990 206 was a friend of mines and I got to go fishing on it once and without even using the outboard (electric only NJ lake) I was pretty hooked. it was in really rough shape at the time. I waited 3 years for him to decide to sell it. funny enough it was after my first trip to lake champlain and I had decided the month prior to him selling I wanted a glass boat instead of my tracker.. well 5 years later and 2 large motor upgrades.. tons of sweat and elbow grease I have a decent looking boat that used to do 55mph.. and now runs almost 77mph. ive been told a few times by buys in my club when im running down the lake they know its me by the sound..

Took me about 10 years to shit and get off the pot. I never new Gambler's existed until about 2000 or 2001. I was up in the Minnesota near the boundary waters and there was a guy from Iowa that was staying at the same resort that owned a new 2100. It was the sweetest boat I had ever seen, I can remember saying to myself that one day I will own a Gambler just like it. I remember just walking down to the boat dock to just check the boat out multiple times.

The following year I was working at the resort and the same guy showed up with another new Gambler that one might have been a 2200 and it had a 300 XS on it, he was nice enough take me out fishing on his boat. At the time I owned a Nitro 185 Fish n Ski with a 115 H.P. Force engine. I was 19-20 years old at the time. Needless to say when he aired that boat out I had boner the entire time.

Fast forward to 2012 I found the 2007 2200 that I own now, listed for sale on the bbc. Called the guy who owned the 2200 who lived in North Carolina. Couple days later I got in the truck and drove 19 hours to go pick her up. Super nice guy that sold his 2200 to me, went to the bank to do the wire transfer, went to get something to eat and he offered to let me crash at his house for the night before driving back home. Before I left with the boat in the morning we stopped at a tire and trailer shop, the owner of the 2200 wanted to make sure the trailer and tires were in good shape for the 1,000 mile trip back home.

Still talk to the guy from Iowa a couple times a year that introduced me to the Gambler brand.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS