Mark, sent you an email

Mark,

Sent you an email last week. How often do you check and respond to them? Thanks!

I sent him one a few days back and haven't heard back yet. He's usually pretty good about responding. Be patient, he is The Man when it comes to props.
    Last edited by GLOCKMEISTER; 04-05-2017 at 07:15 PM.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

3. Member
    I just heard from him earlier.. He's very very busy right now ..

Might be quicker to call...I just took 1 off his plate that he told me was not worth the $$ so maybe he get to the others at least 1 prop quicker

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

He is not very good at responding.
    1990 481V
    2005 195VS Intracoastal (Redfish Edition)
    2015 119C
    Love my Ranger Boats

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2015Ranger View Post
    He is not very good at responding.
    Something I've learned being self employed. If I'm on the phone or computer then I'm not making money by actually doing the work. Problem is that some people want to ask 100 questions and it's never ending.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Something I've learned being self employed. If I'm on the phone or computer then I'm not making money by actually doing the work. Problem is that some people want to ask 100 questions and it's never ending.
    Something you better learn being self employed if you don't have the time to answer my questions about my money that I am spending with you in regards to a service that you are providing me that is a luxury and not life sustaining you will no longer get any of my money, now I am sure that you and him have plenty of money and business and probably do not need my money. The problem is if your self employed you must go the extra mile, I have sent this man several messages and he is on his 3rd attempt to make my prop do something better than it did when I sent it to him and he cannot even take the time to talk to me to discuss what I am experiencing with the performance of the boat. Meanwhile I am $375 into a prop that does no more than it did when I sent it to him.
    1990 481V
    2015 119C
    Love my Ranger Boats

I wish someone could "Clone another Mark" because this one man cant keep up... His work and reputaion keeps him busy, But lately has been more than any one man can handle... I assure you that he is trying the best he can.

Sometimes props are near perfect before he gets them and there is little to no gain to be had... And even some of the best steak houses in the world have people that dont like the steak. You just cant please 100%.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

9. Banned
    Something you better learn being self employed if you don't have the time to answer my questions about my money that I am spending with you in regards to a service that you are providing me that is a luxury and not life sustaining you will no longer get any of my money, now I am sure that you and him have plenty of money and business and probably do not need my money. The problem is if your self employed you must go the extra mile, I have sent this man several messages and he is on his 3rd attempt to make my prop do something better than it did when I sent it to him and he cannot even take the time to talk to me to discuss what I am experiencing with the performance of the boat. Meanwhile I am $375 into a prop that does no more than it did when I sent it to him.
    I don't know what to tell you, I guess you'd have to be a 1 man show to get it. The guy is simply too swamped, I guess what he should do is to just quit taking more props. But then what happens? People get pissed and cry on the internet too. Maybe as posted above, the prop is not the problem with your boat. I can't answer for Mark though because I don't know him, I just know that over whelming feeling and how either way you have pissed off people.

Do you mind posting what prop are you running and what's the problem you're experiencing? Might be a wrong model for the application you're trying to use it in.

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I wish someone could "Clone another Mark" because this one man cant keep up... His work and reputaion keeps him busy, But lately has been more than any one man can handle... I assure you that he is trying the best he can.

Sometimes props are near perfect before he gets them and there is little to no gain to be had... And even some of the best steak houses in the world have people that dont like the steak. You just cant please 100%.
    I knew it would be my fault, and not the wonderful prop god. I have a idea, only except as much work at one time that you can actually complete with customer service, we're not talking about steaks, not all beef tastes the same. The mechanics how ever around static balancing of a prop and the geometry of pitch angles remains the same. I did not intend on this being a bashing thread, even though I am not impressed at all and have asked for nothing special just some freaking communication. Sometimes when you get too big for your own good it costs you in the end.
    1990 481V
    2015 119C
    Love my Ranger Boats

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I don't know what to tell you, I guess you'd have to be a 1 man show to get it. The guy is simply too swamped, I guess what he should do is to just quit taking more props. But then what happens? People get pissed and cry on the internet too. Maybe as posted above, the prop is not the problem with your boat. I can't answer for Mark though because I don't know him, I just know that over whelming feeling and how either way you have pissed off people.

Do you mind posting what prop are you running and what's the problem you're experiencing? Might be a wrong model for the application you're trying to use it in.
    Crying on the internet, I simply posted that he was not good at responding, you sir had to inform me about being self employed and your crying to me about being a 1 man show. For your info I own a small business. The one and only time I talked to him he told me that the prop I sent him which was a 24 tempest was one of Mercury's worst props they make and I said did you find problems with mine which he replied I find problems with all Mercury props. At this point I am excited because I am thinking when I get this prop back it is going to be unbelievable. with the hull I am running everyone told me that I would gain 2-3 MPH and I only gained one, I sent him a message because I had one free tweak and his wife called me to see what I wanted done I'm like your the prop expert you tell me. He told me that I was running too many rpm, 5830 on a proxs and that he would reduce RPM and increase speed (I found that odd that reducing rpm would increase speed never worked before) he sends the prop back and it was right back to where it was before I originally sent it to him 71 @ 5700, I sent him another message because he will not call you asking him how do you decrease rpm and increase speed in which he replied oh I went the wrong way. Anyway I have no beef or ill will towards Mark other than it is my opinion you take care and satisfy one customer at a time taking time to listen to what they have to say and you will have more success in my opinion.
    1990 481V
    2015 119C
    Love my Ranger Boats

12. Banned
    I wasn't crying, just trying to help you understand what happens. Good luck with your adventures.

I sent a prop to Mark, he did reply to an email about cost. The prop was delivered by UPS to Marks door. I have yet to hear anything, or confirmation that he got the prop. Should I be worried it will not make it back?

I just had a repair, no real tweaking for speed. just wondering not bashing.

I heard that Mark is running 1 week behind.... Give him some time. Most prop guys take much longer. Mark is worth waiting for.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

15. BBC SPONSOR
    I'm sorry if I didn't see or receive your email we did rework your propeller at no charge like I do with anything that doesn't meet your expatiations it was shipped out on the 6th. If anyone is trying to get me right now we are running about 1 week in getting a propeller finished and with over 60 calls a day coming in it's hard for 1 guy to get them all call back in 1 evening so please let me say that all of you are important to me if you haven't got a call back please let me know and I will get you called back.
    Thanks

16. Member
    Crying on the internet, I simply posted that he was not good at responding, you sir had to inform me about being self employed and your crying to me about being a 1 man show. For your info I own a small business. The one and only time I talked to him he told me that the prop I sent him which was a 24 tempest was one of Mercury's worst props they make and I said did you find problems with mine which he replied I find problems with all Mercury props. At this point I am excited because I am thinking when I get this prop back it is going to be unbelievable. with the hull I am running everyone told me that I would gain 2-3 MPH and I only gained one, I sent him a message because I had one free tweak and his wife called me to see what I wanted done I'm like your the prop expert you tell me. He told me that I was running too many rpm, 5830 on a proxs and that he would reduce RPM and increase speed (I found that odd that reducing rpm would increase speed never worked before) he sends the prop back and it was right back to where it was before I originally sent it to him 71 @ 5700, I sent him another message because he will not call you asking him how do you decrease rpm and increase speed in which he replied oh I went the wrong way. Anyway I have no beef or ill will towards Mark other than it is my opinion you take care and satisfy one customer at a time taking time to listen to what they have to say and you will have more success in my opinion.
    Dick. Have you always been an ass?
    Last edited by Buccaneer; 04-16-2017 at 06:41 PM.

prop came back today 1 week turnaround looks great

thank you mark

18. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Mark, is above and betond any other prop man I have or any of my friends have used, #1 by far and well worth the wait most prop places in my area take up to 3 weeks to get a prop done and it is usually expensive and not as good as Mark's work I will be sending another prop soon but no rush as it is a back-up
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years