Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    ss trophy 4 blade 21 pitch, dealer said thats what guys are supposeldy running, will sac a bit of top end but will get that big bow out of the water fast
    Last edited by saphireblue99; 05-07-2017 at 09:18 AM.

2. Member
    What is the price difference if rigged the same as a VT19? I know the VT19 rigged to my specs cost just wondering if you have an idea how much more they cost? Love the look of this boat thinking really hard about buying one. My buddy just got a PT20 and that thing is awesome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    my PT18 will have a Talon but no jp. my decision. dealer said no problem with either.

3. Member
    my pt18 was 34,000 out the door, that included the 2 tone paint option, the double axle tandem trailer with 4 wheel brakes,stainless prop, hook7, fortex 80, extra bass seat, hotfoot, 150 4 stroke, extinguisher, transom saver, spare tire,dealer prep and destination, tax, without alot of the options you can get it for around 30k, tandem trailer is an extra 1,500 by itself, I have seen the vt19's with the 115 in the mid 20's, i have to get the motor raised so will post top end speed next week, the boat is about 400 lb heavier that a regular 18 so it rides better, and the deck size blows away any glass boats I have owned or seen.
    Last edited by saphireblue99; 05-14-2017 at 12:36 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    Anyone got official word from Crestliner about mounting jackplates and or shallow water anchors on the PT18? It's listed under exclusions #17 in their warranty but want to be sure.

Link to warranty:

https://www.crestliner.com/pdf/warra...r-warranty.pdf
    It should not affect the warranty either way. Only thing that its stating is they are not responsible for the jack plate if it is damaged or malfunctioned as it is not their product. But most likely be best to call and hear it from them directly

5. Member
    Took the boat to the dealer today, dropped the motor one hole. topmost one, still porpoised badly, raised motor to the 3rd hole and put in a pair of wedges, what a difference, one big guy 60mph, 2- 220 pound guys 55mph, with full live well 53mph, with 4 blade ss

having the same problem with mine. would porpoise at all speeds and any trim angle. that is til the engine crapped out. at the dealer now. disastrous first trip.

7. Member
    First trip out for me today, went real well, 47mph gps empty and 41 loaded, two people and gear. No porpoising unless trimmed to high. 115 pro xs ran well for me.
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1992 View Post
    It should not affect the warranty either way. Only thing that its stating is they are not responsible for the jack plate if it is damaged or malfunctioned as it is not their product. But most likely be best to call and hear it from them directly
    Line 17 in the exclusions pretty clearly states that jack plates, transom brackets, power poles and overpowering will exclude said boat from the warranty.

9. Member
    Does this boat have trim tabs?

10. Member
    DEALER SAID THE TRANSOM ON THE PT18 DOESN'T HAVE THE ANGLE AS ON THE PT20 OR THE VT SERIES SO DOESN'T ALLOW YOU TO TRIM DOWN ALL THE WAY, YOU THINK CRESTLINER WOULD HAVE THIS NAILED DOWN BEFORE SELLING THE BOAT, THERE ARE NO TRIM TABS ON THE BOAT, THE WARRANTY WILL PAY FOR WEDGES OR THE COST OF LABOR TO GET IT RIGHT, SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE THIS ISSUE ALOT WITH THE 150'S

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    having the same problem with mine. would porpoise at all speeds and any trim angle. that is til the engine crapped out. at the dealer now. disastrous first trip.
    3DEES LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT ON THE PORPOISING AND WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR MOTOR?

[QUOTE=saphireblue99;8422304]3DEES LET ME KNOW HOW YOU MAKE OUT ON THE PORPOISING AND WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR MOTOR?

motor just died. started it and it started racing like crazy. had to get to the ramp with the tm. at least that worked.

13. Member
    took the boat out with my son this morning after dealer supposedly fixed it, still problems. on full plane i can't trim up the motor at all or will start to porpoise, and steering wheel is like it is welded, have to keep both hands to try and steer, let go and were going into the water, very dissapointing

14. Member
    IF YOU LOOK AT THE PT18 PROMO ON THE WEBSITE THEY ARE RUNNING AN ATLAS JACKPLATE ON IT?? DEALER IS GONNA INSTALL ONE ON THE BOAT TO SEE IF IT HELPS, CRESTLINER IS PAYING THE TAB

Quote Originally Posted by saphireblue99 View Post
    IF YOU LOOK AT THE PT18 PROMO ON THE WEBSITE THEY ARE RUNNING AN ATLAS JACKPLATE ON IT?? DEALER IS GONNA INSTALL ONE ON THE BOAT TO SEE IF IT HELPS, CRESTLINER IS PAYING THE TAB
    awesome, is it in hydraulic jack plate or just a static jack plate.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Took the boat to the dealer today, dropped the motor one hole. topmost one, still porpoised badly, raised motor to the 3rd hole and put in a pair of wedges, what a difference, one big guy 60mph, 2- 220 pound guys 55mph, with full live well 53mph, with 4 blade ss
    So this was the dealer running this?

17. Member
    tech was running, they only have a 1/2 mile stretch of river, so keeping it at wot for an extended period not an option, found out the hard way on a 35 mile lake that is wasn't right, hydraulic plate, if that doesn't work don't know what options are left

These boats do not have trim tabs correct? Like ranger has on their 188's and 178's.

19. Member
    no they don't have trim tabs
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

took the boat out with my son this morning after dealer supposedly fixed it, still problems. on full plane i can't trim up the motor at all or will start to porpoise, and steering wheel is like it is welded, have to keep both hands to try and steer, let go and were going into the water, very dissapointing
    do you have hydraulic steering? I was surprised mine had the Sea Star.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast