Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Someone hurry up and buy an pt18 already...

I know there are a couple pending on here. Really wanting some real world non biased reviews and performance report.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin_man View Post
    I know there are a couple pending on here. Really wanting some real world non biased reviews and performance report.
    Yes!!

3. Member
    im waiting for someones pt18 order to come in at the dealer closest to me so i can see it. i just emailed ravenna marine here in ohio again and he said prob 2 more weeks. im excited to see it and its not even mine! im trying to decide between rt188 or crestliner vt18-19 or pt18.
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

4. Member
    [QUOTE][/QUim waiting for someones pt18 order to come in at the dealer closest to me so i can see it. i just emailed ravenna marine here in ohio again and he said prob 2 more weeks. im excited to see it and its not even mine! im trying to decide between rt188 or crestliner vt18-19 or pt18.OTE]

that's my boat you're waiting to see, the wait is killing me

waiting for mine to be shipped. build was finished last week. the wait is killing me.

Anyone got official word from Crestliner about mounting jackplates and or shallow water anchors on the PT18? It's listed under exclusions #17 in their warranty but want to be sure.

Link to warranty:

https://www.crestliner.com/pdf/warra...r-warranty.pdf
    Last edited by ILbassin; 03-29-2017 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Link

7. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Whats the difference in the PT 18 vs the VT 18?
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

PT version is thicker gauge aluminum, allows for higher hp rated motors, better seats, bigger rod box, larger livewell, and less taper in hull design from stern to bow just to name a few.

9. Member
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

my PT18 will have a Talon but no jp. my decision. dealer said no problem with either.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    PT version is thicker gauge aluminum, allows for higher hp rated motors, better seats, bigger rod box, larger livewell, and less taper in hull design from stern to bow just to name a few.
    Think it will be well worth the extra money if there are noticeable performance gains over the vt18. If both boats run the same 45-50 mph not so sure if the extra cost is justified. Performance reports I've seen on the pt20 have me a little concerned on what the pt18 will put out.

12. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    Thanks, i have been looking hard at the VT 17 and 18 and had seen the PT models but was unsure of the difference.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

13. Member
    Think it will be well worth the extra money if there are noticeable performance gains over the vt18. If both boats run the same 45-50 mph not so sure if the extra cost is justified. Performance reports I've seen on the pt20 have me a little concerned on what the pt18 will put out.
    sounds like even if the speed is the same, you'd be getting more boat as well. Nicer options, better ride and probably more stable fishing platform with the heavier aluminum.

14. Member
    The VT series is a narrower boat then the PT series and will be faster with same horse power(also lighter). PT chine is 4inches wider which will make it more stable, more storage and larger deck. That is main difference in layout. Lots of other differences as well

15. Member
    Extra performance gains would still be nice for the extra money and having a 150.

VT and PT are different boats. the PT18 is rated for 150hp.

17. Member
    JUST GOT MY 2017 PT18 LAST FRIDAY FROM HALLS IN MUNCY PA, MAIN ISSUE I HAD ON THE FIRST TIME ON WATER IS A SEVERE PORPOISING AT 22-24 MILES PER HOUR, IF I SAT UNDER THE FRONT BUTT SEAT WE COULD GET TO 45 TILL IT STARTED BADLY AGAIN, DEALER CALLED CRESTLINER AND THERE SEEMS TO BE AN ISSUE WITH THE PROP DEPTH OF THE 150 OPTIMAX AND THE 150 FOUR STROKE, EVIDENTLY THE OPTIMAX PROP RUNS 1 1/2 INCH LOWER. I HAVE THE 4 STROKE SO THE MOTOR WILL HAVE TO BE ADJUSTED. TAKING IT TO THE DEALER ON THE 10TH TO RESET MOTOR AND RUN AT THE SUSQUEHANNA RIVER TO MAKE SURE IT'S RIGHT. FRONT DECK IS HUGE, FRONT ROD LOCKER ACTUALLY WORKS GREAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO SQUEEZE IN RODS LIKE THE VT'S, I CAN FIT MY TACKLE BOXES IN THE FRONT SIDE STORAGE LOCKERS. THE BUTT SEATS HAVE A DIFFERENT PIN CONFIGURATION SO IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO USE YOUR OLD ONES THEY AREN'T GONNA FIT, I SAW A 2016 PT20 WITH THE OLD PIN SLOTS BUT LOOKS LIKE THE HAVE CHANGED IN 2017, ABOUT 1 1/2 INCH PIN HOLE. BOAT FEELS MORE SOLID EVEN IF IT IS ONLY .10 HEAVIER ALUMINUM, GOT THE TANDEM TRAILER WITH BRAKES, MUCH SMOOTHER TOWING AND NICER STOPPING ESPECIALLY IF STOPPING SUDDENLY, ONLY ISSUE IS IF YOU HAVE TO MANUEVER TRAILER INTO TIGHT PARKING SPACE IN GARAGE 2 GUYS MOVING IT BY HAND IS A REAL CHALLENGE, YOUR DRAGGING THE TIRES AS OPPOSED TO ROLLING THEM FOR THE SINGLE AXLE. WE ENDED UP GETTING PLASTIC SHEET PANS AND PUTTING ONE UNDER EACH TIRE AND IT SLIDES EASIER. I RUN 2 LOWRANCES BUT THE VORTEX 80 THAT COMES WITH IT HAS THE VS2 OPTION WHICH IS THE ALREADY BUILT IN TRANSDUCER INTO THE TROLLING MOTOR HOUSING. WILL GIVE AN UPDATE NEXT WEEK. I TRADED IN A 2015 VT17 WITH THE 75 FOUR STROKE SO IA AM FAMILIAR WITH THAT BOAT IF ANY QUESTIONS, WITH TWO BIG GUYS ONBOARD AND A LOADED GAS TANK AND LIVE WELL WE GOT TO 41MPH, LIGHTER LOAD WE GOT 45MPH. ON THE PT WE GOT TO 50 BUT HAD TO CUT IT DUE TO THE PORPOISING, DEFINITELY WILL HIT THE MID 50'S WHEN SETUP RIGHT.
    Last edited by saphireblue99; 05-04-2017 at 12:49 PM.

hoping to take my PT18 out for the first time in a few days. I'm running the 150 PRO XS. hoping I have a different outcome. what prop are you running?

19. Member
    Prop and engine height will get that corrected. My Crestliner 1850 with Merc 150 4s wanted to have motor raised higher and some prop work.

the new seat pedestals suck. hurt my back trying to get the back seat off. I have changed the front seat mount so I can use my old pedestal. now for the back. this is the only thing I didn't like so far.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast