Puma ftd with opti vs verado

Looking for some real world numbers for holeshot and top speed running the Opti 250 vs. The verado 250. I know there's about an 80-pound net weight difference (after all oils accounted for) and trying to see what that equates to in real speed numbers to see if the reliability of the verado is really worth it to me. Assume 500' elevation so that altitude is not a factor in the decision.

Thank you
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

The weight differs a bit more overall because you have steering to factor as well as the offset making more leverage on the Verado.

The 250 Pro Verado will give up about 1-3 MPH depending on loads. If you ever find yourself at Mead or Powell the Verado will shine. Hole shot is different with Verado as the achieve boost when the Supercharger spools up at 3850 RPM, and are soft below that.

No reason not to go Verado other than price and draft.

BCB

Dustin, have you talked to Mike Powell at all, he is running a Vrod on his Z520C. He fishes for the BASS Nation Utah state team, he told me he likes the Verado.

I had a puma ftd with a 250 proxs and now have a jag with a 350 verado. The verado on the Jag has much better hole shot than the proxs on the puma. I know it is not apple to apples but gives you some idea. I am very impressed with the holeshot with the vrod. BCB was cautious on their opinion on hole shot but I have found mine to be a rocket.

5. Member
    Drive a bass boat with a Verado and I promise you will order one. Have had Verado's on my last 3 bass boats and had twin 300 Vrods on my 32' Regulator. Everyone talks about the weight of the Vrods, Yet they have no issues with adding 100lbs of power poles to rear, 4x 80lb AGM batteries and move their heavy tackle to rear for better ride. Kind of makes you wonder??? You also lose no power in the summer heat or at elevation, like a 2 stroke. Best motor on the market, although that is my opinion. Speed on most boats will be close no matter the 250 engine. Knew a guy that had 250 pro Verado on his Z520 that would hit 75mph. Had 300 Pro Vrod on my Z522 that could run 74mph, same speed as guys that had 300 pro xs on their z522. I dont know many Vrod owners that would tell you not too buy one. Just gotta decide to go with your own gut instinct, and get away from the norm.
    Last edited by 32regulator; 03-28-2017 at 05:40 PM.

6. Member
    Are you thinking about getting rid of your Blazer?

I got to ride in the Jaguar with the 350 Verado that Bass Cat had at Classic on Lake Conroe. I was impressed and if I was ordering a new boat I think I'd have to get the Verado if it fit within my budget.

8. Member
    I fished out of a Lund with a 200 Verado and was impressed. First time I had been around one. No adding $40 DFI oil is a plus as well.