New Charger Mounting Options

I have a DualPro SS3 that is going to be showing up any day now and need to figure out how I'm going to mount it. I would really like to keep it in the battery\bilge area. If I have to resort to under the seat I will but do not think I will have to go that route. Boat is a Crestliner VT17. I have 2 group 27's and a 24. Current charger is a cheapie promar 2 bank. I think I can rearrange my batteries to give more room on the side where old charger is but had a question. Is there any issues with having a battery partially underneath the gas tank inlet hose? Sorry if that is a dumb question but don't want to have potential issues. If that is no biggie I think I will have plenty of room to move my passenger side trolly battery over and turn 90 degrees then shift remaining batteries over enough to give me space, what's everyone's thought? I think this may distribute the weight more evenly back there as well. I know the RT's have a plate on the transom braces where the charger mounts I was just hesitant to fan up something and drill into my braces due to potential warranty issues down the road. I don't foresee having to deal with that but would prefer to not drill any holes in the bracing if possible.

2. Banned
    If you have the height, mount it on the underside of the lid.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rocket man; 03-28-2017 at 06:45 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    If you have the height, mount it on the underside of the lid.
    That's a good idea, I do not know if I have enough room for that in my boat, though. I will take a closer look tonight.