'92 482V Seat Removal

Can someone please tell me how to remove the seats from my 482V?? There are no screws under plugs on the kick board, I can only get the center seat cushion to pull out, and Ranger sent me a picture of what needs to come off, but no instructions on how to do it. I'm having to gain access to the fuel tank, but can't because I have no idea how to remove the seats... This is my first boat, so I'm in need of any help possible... Thank you...

2. Member
    The back panel of the seat is velcroed in place. From the rear deck carefully slip a putty in the edge seam and plus awards the stern. The velcro can be very strong Once the panel is tilted up you can access the screws holding in the seat.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

3. Member
    Thank you, I'll try that first thing in the morning..

4. Member
    I tried the putty knife, no velcro... I have no idea how these are being held on... Back to the drawing board...

5. BBC SPONSOR Pro's Choice Pete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsent2002 View Post
    I tried the putty knife, no velcro... I have no idea how these are being held on... Back to the drawing board...

Here ya go.......

Pro's Choice Marine's Facebook Page
    Pete's Ranger Channel
    Click on the banner to check out our website!

I'm fairly certain that some of them (i.e. the ones that don't have Velcro on the back) have screws on the bottom corners of the bench. That's where I was looking for mine after doing some research and before I found the Velcro. And before I found the Velcro I also was convinced there wasn't any Velcro there - it looked like solid upholstery.

Finally I used a flat head screw driver and pried out at the bottom and heard the tell-tale Velcro sound. I don't think I could've got mine to budge with a putty knife, at least not without a very stiff putty knife.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

7. Member
    Howieranger, I guess I suffered from a temporary brain fart. For some reason, my brain didn't understand what it was reading. Thank you for the information, it was right where you said it was. It wasn't until Pro's Choice Pete posted the picture that my brain understood what you said. Drewflu33, also thank you for replying. You guys have no idea how frustrated I was about these seats. C&C said they couldn't see me until sometime in May to show me how to remove my seats, and even though they have excellent customer service, Ranger sent me the wrong pictures... Again, thank you guys so much for your help, I really appreciate it...