Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    If there is a good bit of water in the bilge area (like when it rains), all the rod lockers will get wet. When coming off plane that water is sloshing around and when it comes to the front of the boat it will wet the stern side of the rod locker carpet. Also when it's draining from the front, it will get them wet as well. My experience has been most of it comes from the back of the bilge and when it sloshes around. My lockers only get wet on the stern side of the rod lockers. I see this topic way too many times and people think their lids are leaking. My carpet always gets wet there when it rains. If you don't want something to get wet then put it in the back storage lockers or in your tackle storage center locker.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

That could be a possibility. But in my case the drain plug was pulled when I trailered the boat so no significant amount of water, if any, was sloshing around the bilge...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

In your driveway put a hose on the rub rail, try different positions. Water from below, above and middle. Move the hose along the rub rail from the back of the locker to the bow. My suspicion is you will find the problem.

U do not need a jet nozzle on the water hose.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    That could be a possibility. But in my case the drain plug was pulled when I trailered the boat so no significant amount of water, if any, was sloshing around the bilge...
    There's a good chance it was wet before you pulled the plug. If not, it doesn't matter if your plug was pulled or not. When I'm trailering my boat it holds water when it's raining. As soon as I take it off the truck and jack the tongue up more water comes out of the bilge.... just some thoughts.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

Good idea Bryan.....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

I had a friend that had a z7 that done this after stripping the carpet the dealer found the lid where the braces are welded had tiny pin holes in it and it would allow water in that way.
    Clay Harris "LA" lower Alabama
    All you gotta do is catch 5

7. Member
    You find your leak?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12