Question Ultrex Heading Sensor Fuse Question

Did anyone add a fuse when installing the Ultrex heading sensor? No fuse is mentioned in the installation instructions. I'm assuming one isn't necessary.

Thanks

2. Member
    Mine is fused under dash at a switch that runs up to bow as a accessories connection.

Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Mine is fused under dash at a switch that runs up to bow as a accessories connection.
    This!

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

4. Member
    I had a fuse block real close with an empty spot, so I just used a 2 amp fuse and took the easy way out and wired it to that. The puck shuts off shortly after the power is turned off to the motor. But I also have this fuse block wired to my main battery cut off switch.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

5. Member
    Thanks guys for your help. I had another question for Minn Kota so I decided to give them a call and asked about a fuse for the heading sensor. The service tech stated one isn't needed as the draw on the sensor is in milliamps. For what it's worth my original question was regarding the I-Pilot app. I tried pairing my I-Phone to the Ultrex while stowed in my garage and the pairing failed after 3 attempts. The tech claimed the motor needs to be deployed in order for the pairing to complete. Unfortunately that isn't stated in the instructions on the app. I'll try again the next time the boat is out of the garage and I can deploy the motor.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LikeToFish View Post
    Thanks guys for your help. I had another question for Minn Kota so I decided to give them a call and asked about a fuse for the heading sensor. The service tech stated one isn't needed as the draw on the sensor is in milliamps. For what it's worth my original question was regarding the I-Pilot app. I tried pairing my I-Phone to the Ultrex while stowed in my garage and the pairing failed after 3 attempts. The tech claimed the motor needs to be deployed in order for the pairing to complete. Unfortunately that isn't stated in the instructions on the app. I'll try again the next time the boat is out of the garage and I can deploy the motor.
    I was having the same issue. On my iPhone I had to go into the Bluetooth screen, push and hold pair until it shows up on the phone but then you have to click on the ipilot on the phone and it paired right away in the garage and stowed. I was just holding down the pair button on the tm and it wouldn't connect. Seems to be a little quirky. My remote also said an update was available so I went into the app and the app said it was current. That message did go away tho so I'm not sure what that's about. good luck

7. Member
    Yep, it WILL pair while in the stowed position.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI