08 sabre ftd ultrex ? BCB

I tried to do my homework and see if this has been posted yet and couldn't find it. I found it for all bcb models but the sabre. Haha.
    I have a 2008 sabre ftd Marty stone addition and just want to make sure before I order that everything will fit.
    Currently have a min Kota maxxum.
    Thanks

2. Member
    I can't say for certain, but on my 2004 Pantera Classic it fits. However the plug that is used to connect the trolling motor to batteries will get in the way of the steering cable. What you will have to do is drill a hole through the plastic plate where the plug is located and connect the wires to the backside of the plug receptacle (basically use it as a terminal block). I had a few questions during my install and called Jones Trolling Motor. He was the one who suggested this work around and said that he just had to do it for an Ultrex install on a Sabre.

Hope this helps.

3. Member
    If you have to hardwire as Acuna did above, make sure to install a battery disconnect for charging if you do not already have one.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    If you have to hardwire as Acuna did above, make sure to install a battery disconnect for charging if you do not already have one.
    Sure, another option is when you install a 60 amp breaker, which I am sure you will have to do because you are probably running a 50 amp, get one with a manual switch so you can just trip the breaker when charging. Either way (disconnect or breaker with manual switch) should work.