First round of the year - hero to zero

Last week I was able to get out for my first round of the year. Started off great, hit the first two fairways and 3 greens - even through 3. Then I decided to pull the driver out, that was a bad mistake. Double, double and ended with a triple. Ended with a par, 3 putt bogey and bogey for the final hole. Considering I've only been to the driving range twice in the past 4 1/2 months, I'll take it. I didn't get the new irons yet as the wife wants furniture for our new house..... Priorities I guess. Golf in March in Michigan doesn't happen all that often so I'll take it.
    08 Triton 17 Explorer/08 90 Merc

At least you got out to golf. It's early, plenty of time in the season to work on the game. The grass is dead, the greens suck so days like that are for just swinging and not keeping score.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

I played last weekend for the first time since last Sept. Tore a forearm muscle back then and I've been giving it plenty of time to heal. I was pretty pleased with my game considering the time off from not swinging a club. Putting was lights out as I hit a couple 12-15 footers. Short game was also surprising good. My irons are off the most. Pushing too many off right of the target. Will have to work on that. Driver wasn't bad. That has been my nemesis the past couple years. I may actually get to "play" golf with some more work, that's when it's fun.

Didn't get to play this weekend. Had concrete poured in the backyard. Family coming to town next weekend but still hoping to play. Glad you got out. My son was planning on playing today. He lives in Denver. They got snow last night and all day today. It is what it is.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw