New thread instead of impeding Russ'

My thoughts on rally's are simple. One should consider fishing Southern lakes in the spring, and more Northern lakes in the Fall.

I like the Idea of mixing things up, but personally it makes it very tough to make 2 rally's. The hardest part for me is to choose if I should attend F3 or not. Since that has really been on my plate the last 8 years, it's hard to give up old habits sometimes.

Roger already mentioned that most of the rallies are about the people more than the $ or the Fishin in General. That's primarily why I have attended F3 as much as I can. It's about the relationships more than anything else.

Considering what you guys are doing, it's a lot easier (for me) to make a 4-5 hour drive than a 7-9 hour drive to make 1 event for 2-3 days. I had seriously considered coming this year to Bull but things just didn't work out for me that way.

If Okoboji is on the list to consider....I'm game for that. Would be interesting to see if it still fishes as it once did many years ago

2. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    My thoughts on rally's are simple. One should consider fishing Southern lakes in the spring, and more Northern lakes in the Fall.

I like the Idea of mixing things up, but personally it makes it very tough to make 2 rally's. The hardest part for me is to choose if I should attend F3 or not. Since that has really been on my plate the last 8 years, it's hard to give up old habits sometimes.

Roger already mentioned that most of the rallies are about the people more than the $ or the Fishin in General. That's primarily why I have attended F3 as much as I can. It's about the relationships more than anything else.

Considering what you guys are doing, it's a lot easier (for me) to make a 4-5 hour drive than a 7-9 hour drive to make 1 event for 2-3 days. I had seriously considered coming this year to Bull but things just didn't work out for me that way.

If Okoboji is on the list to consider....I'm game for that. Would be interesting to see if it still fishes as it once did many years ago
    it does, love that lake and will be there again in the fall with my club

3. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I'm looking to add Pool 19 but it is a ways out. Line up is set for the next 3:

Stockton Oct 21, Grand Mar TBD, Okoboji Oct TBD

Hush Up , You won't show up anyways...