Thread: Pesky Drone

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    No drone has a 20 minute battery
    Thats completely false

Have had one fly over around our house in the last couple weeks. One day and wife and granddaughter were playing in the yard and it hovered for almost 20 mins.. she took a pic and sent it to me.. so I posted it in a group text with neighbors and learned that a few of them have noticed this drone as well.. I live in city limits so the shotgun isn't the answer although I (we) wanted to. So I decided to call the non-emergency police number.. after calling I got switched to the watch commander. He said nothing he can do regardless of what they may be doing with the GoPro hooked up on it.. said I had to call the FAA. Called the FAA rep in the airport tower and was directed to the Greensboro office (area rep).. The rep I spoke to in Greensboro said He could call and talk to the registered owner if I had the registration number? I laughed and said if Inhad that I wouldn't be calling.. so, the bottom-line, at least the way I see it is you will have to ignore it or take measures into your own hands cause the FAA or local authorities aren't going to tend to it..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

3. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    One way or another that thing would be having an "accident"!!

I still say send another drone up after it might start a new fad....."Drone Wars" then bbc members could argue whether or not it's a "sport" or a "hobby"

Had a case in 2015 here in Kentucky, where a guy shot a drone out of the sky. You can google it. The drone operator provided flight data from his ipad and video showing his drone was 272 ft up when shot down, not 10 ft the shooter claimed. The shooter was the one arrested and charged, had to hire lawyers, had court appearances, etc. Charges were finally dismissed. But he went through a lot of money and trouble, after pulling the trigger, and afterwards, nothing had changed.

Quote Originally Posted by CigarBasser View Post
    Have had one fly over around our house in the last couple weeks. One day and wife and granddaughter were playing in the yard and it hovered for almost 20 mins.. she took a pic and sent it to me.. so I posted it in a group text with neighbors and learned that a few of them have noticed this drone as well.. I live in city limits so the shotgun isn't the answer although I (we) wanted to. So I decided to call the non-emergency police number.. after calling I got switched to the watch commander. He said nothing he can do regardless of what they may be doing with the GoPro hooked up on it.. said I had to call the FAA. Called the FAA rep in the airport tower and was directed to the Greensboro office (area rep).. The rep I spoke to in Greensboro said He could call and talk to the registered owner if I had the registration number? I laughed and said if Inhad that I wouldn't be calling.. so, the bottom-line, at least the way I see it is you will have to ignore it or take measures into your own hands cause the FAA or local authorities aren't going to tend to it..
    I am only posting to try to give the other side of the story, honestly it's going to be a crazy few years and shit will hit the fan.....just a general statement- just because you see a drone doesn't mean it sees you, or even cares about you.....and I feel the same way you do just seeing one flying .....but if it's just hovering it's most likely filming something far away from you due to its camera angle......I have talked with all my neighbors and had them (3 out of 4 were interested) watch a flight so they could see what the drone was doing compared to what the camera was seeing, they were all shocked.....mostly at the fact the best angles for seeing/ spying on someone was from a distance or in other words if the drone was straight above my house I had the best view everywhere else, the best view of my house and what I want to film/ photograph was when it was over neighbors houses ( and they don't even show up in the film/ pics) and we have big lots.......there will be major law changes coming ( and I don't really care , I was given a toy so I played with it but see huge $$$$ liability wise cause they all crash and it's easy to see a drone and assume it's watching you)

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Get your wife to go outside necked, Then sneak up behind it and blast it. It will be watching heron evidence of you with the gun!!!

8. Member
    It's better to take care of it and ask for forgiveness later, seems that is how it is done these days. No one likes to be harrassed whether it be intentional or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Had a case in 2015 here in Kentucky, where a guy shot a drone out of the sky. You can google it. The drone operator provided flight data from his ipad and video showing his drone was 272 ft up when shot down, not 10 ft the shooter claimed. The shooter was the one arrested and charged, had to hire lawyers, had court appearances, etc. Charges were finally dismissed. But he went through a lot of money and trouble, after pulling the trigger, and afterwards, nothing had changed.
    He could claim he was a good shot

10. Banned
    A gent had one hovering over his swimming pool for hours at a time. He shot it down. He got arrested and beat the charge-invasion of privacy

Mikepags - understand but not the case either with me or my neighbors.. thx though..

Didn't read all 6 pages so it may have been mentioned, call the FAA.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    A gent had one hovering over his swimming pool for hours at a time. He shot it down. He got arrested and beat the charge-invasion of privacy
    Hours? Did it have an extension cord attached to it?

14. Member
    Water hose

15. Member
    Here is your solution...take your pick

http://www.minnbass.com

“A ‘Liberal Paradise’ would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only Law Enforcement has guns.

And . . . believe it or not, such a place does indeed exist … It's called prison.”

17. Member
    Have grandmaw lay naked in the back yard with a sign playmate of the month come get it sonny boy.

Follow it to the person controlling it and speak your mind...then if it continues, shoot it down!

Get yourself a Peregrine falcon, and teach it the phrase "sic 'em!".

20. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    I'd call the local sheriff's office asap. Just think, whoever owns it could be timing your daily routine, when your home and when you are not. I'd make a complaint immediately that way if it escalates you have at least done your part.

This. Get the local authorities involved
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast