Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    I have had & read this kind of info before also Ricky - are you sating the DI WIDE won't work?

Just setting to HB83/200 is a whole other story, isn't it?

I am guessing some of this was tested with Doug's unit and yourself also...
    The important thing to consider here is that anyone that connects the HB DI unit to the US2 and something (anything) happens = the HB warranty is voided - period ...

Rickie

2. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    The important thing to consider here is that anyone that connects the HB DI unit to the US2 and something (anything) happens = the HB warranty is voided - period ...

Rickie

I realize the CYA aspect...

FWIW - at the bottom of the MK product page -

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/US2-Co...?LangType=1033

NOTE: Minn Kota motors with built-in Universal Sonar 2 (including those with i-Pilot Link) are not compatible with Humminbird's Down Imaging Sonar. An external XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T (83/200) or XTM 9 DI 25T (200/455) is required for all sonar readings with all HELIX 12 , HELIX 10, HELIX 9, 1100, 900, and 800 Humminbird Down Imaging units. An external XTM 9 DI 25T transducer would be required for the Down Imaging versions of the HELIX 7 and HELIX 5 along with the 788ci HD DI.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

3. Member
    Here is another earlier correspondence I had with Dawn on the same discussion last October ...

The software update will not allow the DI units to use the US2. It’s not a software reason it will not work but a mechanical. The US2 transducer will PHYSICALLY damage your DI unit if it’s connected.

Good Boating and Fishing!
    Dawn Turner
    Humminbird Customer Service Representative
    Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics, Inc.
    A Subsidiary of Johnson Outdoors Inc.
    678 Humminbird Lane
    Eufaula, AL 36027
    Toll Free: 1-800-633-1468
    Phone: 334-687-6613
    Fax: 334-687-1163

Rickie

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Interesting ....

I'm not running either:

XTM 9 WIDE DI 20 T (83/200) or XTM 9 DI 25T
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

5. Member
    Interesting ....
    Now all that being said ... I don't think anyone has ever claimed that I was scared of hooking any xducer to any unit - warranty notwithstanding ...

But the facts are facts ... HB will not warranty any core series DI unit that's been Connected to US2 ... Not even the DI units capable of "HB 200/83" ...

HB holds the cards ...and the rules ...

Rickie

6. Member
    BTW ... No one will disclose to me what this "mechanical" reason is that HB claims will damage the DI unit if Connected to the US2 ...

Rickie

7. Banned
    Well I'm running the helix 12 si gen 1, which is listed as us2 compatible, and it still has this issue. I selected "generic 83/200 as my transducer. Anyone have any suggestions on how to actually fix this problem?

8. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    You have to be in SF clear & drop sens. waaaaay back.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

9. Member
    Don't use a US2 but sometimes changing Max Depth closer to actual depth helps.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by taw View Post
    Here to help not to argue. My info comes directly from Humminbird and i agree with Dawn.
    Your new here so there is no way you could no more then the "experts" on this forum even if your information comes directly from the manufacturer. Egos run large on this forum and we peons should never disagree with them or we will be slapped down and put in out place. WE DON"T KNOW ANYTHING!!!!

/sarcasm off

11. Member
    Most people on here try to help and sometimes do make mistakes and most get corrected. Not sure how your post helps.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

12. Member
    So is this XTM 9 wide DI 20T (83/200) a DI and 2d sonar Transducer???

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 32regulator View Post
    Yes
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 32regulator View Post
    SPECs: Down Imagingİ/DualBeam Plusİ, 75°/45°, 455/800 kHz (DI) and 20°/60°, 200/83 kHz, with built in temperature, 15' Cable.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

15. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    Most people on here try to help and sometimes do make mistakes and most get corrected. Not sure how your post helps.
    It only helps just one person Wesley.

You or I are not the recipients either...LOL

You & I will continue to help, and we'll make a mistake here and there in our efforts to help others, it's called being human.

I like everything Rickie posted, and can agree with all or most of it - cooking a final amplifier stage in a transmitter is not good - and I we read all too often that somebody did something unknowingly, a buddy of mine ran his 597 on a quad out on Saginaw Bay for the GPS and never turned sonar off.

That wouldn't stop me from running a different XDCR either - but for the less experienced, I can see the "why".

He bought my 899 for his Lund, and he has a nice 5" Chart Plotter for his quad runs in the winter - but didn't want to foot the repair to get the sonar fixed.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

16. Member
    Just trying to pay it forward when possible. For sure Rickie is innovative and informative...and best of all lives right in the middle of UK country...LOL
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Just trying to pay it forward when possible. For sure Rickie is innovative and informative...and best of all lives right in the middle of UK country...LOL
    I agree 100%.

Paying it forward seems is becoming a lost art, and we all respect Rickie greatly because he is so attentive to detail, and isn't afraid to wade into uncharted waters to kill the cat if for no other reason...

Here's to you; Mr. KY Techy Geek Science Experimenter !!

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

18. Banned
    I

I understand that and I personally appreciate the help of those that are willing to take time to provide. But there is a big difference between helping and making a mistake over the ego driven know it all attitude.... "I've used these for years and I know more then you and the manufacturer doesn't know what they're talking about!" drivel that comes out of some folks on this board.

As an example of this behavior/attitude:

I own DI units - have you looked in the menus on yours???

IDC what the "engineers" you're talking about said...

Wayne, Rickie and myself all have experience with these unit settings.

19. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    You know rob, you have been less than receptive to the companies you've bought gear from helping you, talking poorly about most everything ever since you joined BBC.

You've singled out people and tried your best to piss in their cheerios as soon as you see an opportunity, and you have a one sided view of the world.

You never answered John (Strikeback) our friend over in Australia telling him "Yes" it was OK to be disrespectful to him over one of your tender nerve endings after he questioned you directly.

I have pretty thick skin and it's not my 1st internet rodeo with any keyboard commandos - I help run a website, so you won't get to hurt my feelings by being crass.

You asked I not reply to your posts, yet you are directing you comments straight at me - which way do you want it?

While we're on the subject, I would prefer you steer clear of the posts I make, and take your sour face attitude to the lounge or even another site.

The reason you called me "the popular guy" is because you DON'T know me, but folks that have interacted with me for years have a head start on you as far as getting to know me - they know how I behave and don't mind asking what I think.

If you have something positive to contribute, by all means have at it - but if all you want to do is the drama queen dance - be warned the site owner isn't fond of pot stirring...

Please spend your time trying to get behavior modification from your children or pets - I am pretty confident I don't need your "coaching".

Let's stay on the topic & try to be helpful without and extended diatribe.

Thank you for your 2˘ and you have a nice day too.

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

20. Banned
    You know rob, you have been less than receptive to the companies you've bought gear from helping you, talking poorly about most everything ever since you joined BBC.

You've singled out people and tried your best to piss in their cheerios as soon as you see an opportunity, and you have a one sided view of the world.

You never answered John (Strikeback) our friend over in Australia telling him "Yes" it was OK to be disrespectful to him over one of your tender nerve endings after he questioned you directly.

I have pretty thick skin and it's not my 1st internet rodeo with any keyboard commandos - I help run a website, so you won't get to hurt my feelings by being crass.

You asked I not reply to your posts, yet you are directing you comments straight at me - which way do you want it?

While we're on the subject, I would prefer you steer clear of the posts I make, and take your sour face attitude to the lounge or even another site.

The reason you called me "the popular guy" is because you DON'T know me, but folks that have interacted with me for years have a head start on you as far as getting to know me - they know how I behave and don't mind asking what I think.

If you have something positive to contribute, by all means have at it - but if all you want to do is the drama queen dance - be warned the site owner isn't fond of pot stirring...

Please spend your time trying to get behavior modification from your children or pets - I am pretty confident I don't need your "coaching".

Let's stay on the topic & try to be helpful without and extended diatribe.

Thank you for your 2˘ and you have a nice day too.

Pot calling Kettle black....hypocrite much?

I've not singled out anyone, but I have pointed out inconsistencies. O some of my very first posts, you essentially called me a liar and wrong for being angry with Minn Kota and Humminbird and you did the same thing here when the person presented you with actual evidence provided to him directly from Humminbird engineers. I'm not going to sit back and not call someone out on it.

I had every reason to voice my complaints about Minn Kota and Humminbird...if you'd take minute to actually read the posts and pull yourself out of your fan boi status, you would see the complaints were valid. While your at it, take a step back and look at some of your responses from a perspective other then your own...they are arrogant and egotistical.
    Last edited by rob0225; 03-30-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast