Helix 10 with Navionic cards

I am looking at buying new cards for my Helix 10 DI units, I was wondering who have used them and what they see as the differance.
    I currently have older Premium cards and was considering the new Navionics +, Platinum + or Hotmaps Platinum in looking at the website I am not sure what is the big differance any more between the three. If you have used any of these I would like to hear what you think?

ANY version that is updated today will have today's maps.

All versions will have the exact same Nautical Charts for a particular area if updated the same day.

Platinum+ is mostly coastal and offshore.

Navionics+ Preloaded has every Nautical Chart for the US and Canada, and can have the Sonar Charts maps also if downloaded---only the two map layers.

There is a Regional version of Navionics+ also.

I have all versions except the Platinum+, I don't fish offshore , Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, or Australia.

Hotmaps Platinum is regional editions and have Nautical Charts, Satellite Overlay, and port Photos. Also can have Sonar Charts download.

Both of the above Regional cards have the same area coverage.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Hello Wayne, thank you for this info, this is very helpful. I have one more question just to be sure I understand, on the two regional cards you said they have the same coverage does that just mean the same area of the country or do they then both have the same detail as well for the same waters.

Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    Hello Wayne, thank you for this info, this is very helpful. I have one more question just to be sure I understand, on the two regional cards you said they have the same coverage does that just mean the same area of the country or do they then both have the same detail as well for the same waters.
    Hotmaps Platinum and Navionics+ Region cards have the exact same Navionics maps if updated the same day. The regions are the same.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Again, thank you this is a big help