Getting an alarm on 225

After about 100 yards on plane I get alarm and motor runs rough until off plane then alarm stops. Water pressure around 20 pounds and no lights come on. Get back on plane all is well but does this each time I go on plane from sitting for a while. Did this about five times. Runs good after I get back on plane each time it does it. I just can't figure out what's causing this alarm.... thanks
    2004 Ranger 520DVX Honda 225 8" Atas 80 Min-Kota Ultrex Vexilar Flashers Lowrance Raymarine 8' Blades

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Have you noticed what light is coming on when it goes into Guardian mode??

3. Member
    No light comes on ... I only have battery and engine light
    2004 Ranger 520DVX Honda 225 8" Atas 80 Min-Kota Ultrex Vexilar Flashers Lowrance Raymarine 8' Blades

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    What year engine is it? Have you checked your oil?

5. Member
    Jerry, call me!

6. Member
    2004 and oil is 1" below upper hole Hickory

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstump View Post
    2004 and oil is 1" below upper hole Hickory
    I would fill it between the lines if its not there, Clyde had something like this going on and he was a little low on oil. So when he took off and sucking oit out of the pan it would set off his alarm.

8. Member
    Add oil and run while watching your switch key lights as we discussed.

9. Member
    I aadded 1/2qt to top off so until next time out...... Weather sucks here at the time☹️☹️☹️
    Thanks guys and Ray for the call

10. Member
    1/2 quart low will NOT be your problem.

11. Member
    I have a 2003 Honda 200 and it sounds like it might be the Oxygen Sensor. This has been a common problem on my Honda 200. It happens sometimes when idling and sometimes when either taking off or when running on the water. Short term solution is to either bring it back to Neutral, shut down and restart or ....replace the O2 Sensor till it starts to happen again.
    Other thought is to make sure the engine is cooling (check to see that it is peeing). I think this can happen if engine is too trimmed up and not getting enough water for cooling or if the cooling has a little blockage.
    Wishing you a quick fix to your issue.
    Harleytimes
    Triton SF21
    Honda 200hp

12. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Does it go in guardian mode with the O2????

13. Member
    O2 sensor does not cause guardian mode.... Talked with Jerry several times on the phone. May be vapor separation????

14. Member
    well guys.....my honda tech mechanic scolded me pretty good for not ever changing the thermostats .....said they are known to stick expecially first time out for the yr.....anyway I changed them .....they were pretty gunky......and no more alarms....been out several times and all is good.....these Hondas run so good one thinks you need to do nothing.....anyway a lesson learned.....

15. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Good deal you would have thought you would have noticed the Pee stream or overheat light!!

This is one good reason to hook them up to the graphs, Mine will flash the cause of the alarm up on the Raymarine Screen.

16. Member
    Jerry, why don't you spend some of that rusty money you have buried and buy a new boat??? You are hurting the economy by hoarding up all that loot!!

17. Member
    Come on Ray.....I'm not a movie star like you dude......also my wife has the jaws of life on the nest egg.....once in a while I can steal a little....been looking at trucks too but the sticker keeps me happy to be running the ole 95 Ford 150 just turned over 100,000 mi. and gets the job done and that Honda on my boat just turned over 650 hrs.....wtf...just broke in.
    Anyway thanks for your help guys ......really nice we all have a place we can go for good info to deal with our little problems.....

18. Member
    If an alarm goes off does it store in the computer? Or does the alarm have to be active for the computer to read. I have an alarm going off everynow and then on my 225.

19. Member
    Most alarms store...but many times the O2 sensor will not...