98 Ranger R82 Sport buying question

So here is the situation,

I have an 87 Fiberglass Bass Tracker with that wierd seats in front of the consoles and honestly got alot of little issues. I had the motor rebuilt b/c the day I picked it up it blew the #5 cylinder. I have tried selling the boat and i keep getting low balled, and not a lot of interest due to the layout of the boat.

That being said, I have found a 98 Ranger R82 Sport in FANTASTIC shape with 24v trolling motor, 1 year old graphs at the console and bow. Its missing the motor and they are asking $5k for it but I was thinking if I can get it down under $4k. and slap my rebuilt Mercury tuned up on a jackplate on that Ranger rig.

Thoughts, advice, good bad or indifferent....

2. Member
    if it's in good shape (no damage), the seats and carpet are good and the deck lids are not broken, i think even at $5k you are good.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnman1085 View Post
    So here is the situation,

I have an 87 Fiberglass Bass Tracker with that wierd seats in front of the consoles and honestly got alot of little issues. I had the motor rebuilt b/c the day I picked it up it blew the #5 cylinder. I have tried selling the boat and i keep getting low balled, and not a lot of interest due to the layout of the boat.

That being said, I have found a 98 Ranger R82 Sport in FANTASTIC shape with 24v trolling motor, 1 year old graphs at the console and bow. Its missing the motor and they are asking $5k for it but I was thinking if I can get it down under $4k. and slap my rebuilt Mercury tuned up on a jackplate on that Ranger rig.

Thoughts, advice, good bad or indifferent....
    it sounds like you are looking at the boat I just traded in....if it's in TN that your looking. The motor is what locked up on me.

Good luck

I have a R boat and you will enjoy it. Never give what they want find the number they will take for it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyguy40 View Post
    it sounds like you are looking at the boat I just traded in....if it's in TN that your looking. The motor is what locked up on me.

Good luck
    How was the hull in this boat??? I know its missing the motor, I was going to put my rebuilt 150 on it. And yes, I am in east TN, the boat is at Bunch Marine that I am looking at. Is there anything you can tell me about the hull, electronics, seats, trolling motor, and all that stuff???

6. Member
    I have a 97 r82 with a mercury 150 efi. You should be very pleased with this boat. Not a fast ride but stable entry level Ranger.

7. Member
    i just bought a mint one owner 2000 ranger r82,never sat out with a 175 merc runs 66mph on gps with cover and all options i gave 11,500 for it