Thread: Jacob powroznik

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Obviously you ain't been in a Ranger lately.

2. Member
    Conroe is similar to the ride you get on the Detroit and Delaware Rivers with the manmade shorelines. The boat waves bounce back and soon you have pyramid shaped waves you can't get a mooth ride in, trimmed up or down. I liked Lake St.Clair, but he ride getting there was not good.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 Elite203 View Post
    Impressive indeed except champion was doing that breech in the 90s.

roughest boat I have ever been in was a ranger. That boat would rattle your teeth and get you wet in a hurry on good old Champlain.
    I was a Marshal for the Inaugural PAA™ Tournament at Toho and the angler I rode with had a Ranger. He seemed to hit every bump in the road and it was the absolute WORST ride in a boat that I've ever experienced. When it was time to re-up due to My Triton running out of warranty, I first checked out Triton and only ended up w/a Ranger because it was $4000.00 chea... less expensive than the Triton. Paying cash, paper, a check won't do, does have its benefits evidently.

Luckily, My Ranger rides like a dream and hardly ever get above 25 because one of My partner has big ears and they flap in the wind if'n We get cookin'. If I had to buy that one I rode in, I would've quit fishing..

P.S. I still use the 2 CarrotSticks that I got that day..

Quote Originally Posted by bill.s View Post
    Conroe is similar to the ride you get on the Detroit and Delaware Rivers with the manmade shorelines. The boat waves bounce back and soon you have pyramid shaped waves you can't get a mooth ride in, trimmed up or down. I liked Lake St.Clair, but he ride getting there was not good.
    If Conroe really is like the Detroit River, then it probably doesn't matter what brand of bass boat you are in - its gonna suck. I can run over 35 mph in real 3 footers on Lake St. Clair in my Z522D comfortably, but have to creep through the mouth of the Detroit River.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I was a Marshal for the Inaugural PAA™ Tournament at Toho and the angler I rode with had a Ranger. He seemed to hit every bump in the road and it was the absolute WORST ride in a boat that I've ever experienced. When it was time to re-up due to My Triton running out of warranty, I first checked out Triton and only ended up w/a Ranger because it was $4000.00 chea... less expensive than the Triton. Paying cash, paper, a check won't do, does have its benefits evidently.

Luckily, My Ranger rides like a dream and hardly ever get above 25 because one of My partner has big ears and they flap in the wind if'n We get cookin'. If I had to buy that one I rode in, I would've quit fishing..

P.S. I still use the 2 CarrotSticks that I got that day..

I wish I could say it was driver error, but that wasn't the case for me. This driver had over 20 years of experience. Granted this was a 519vx comanche with a fitch 200 on champlain.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger randy View Post
    Ehrler stayed classey even in defeat.
    Jut like Jason Christie last year, we didn't get a chance to hear say anything.

I have a 15 model 520c and the ride is terrible...It's a good boat other than that...

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    I have a 15 model 520c and the ride is terrible...It's a good boat other than that...
    I ride in a 2013 520c on St. Clair all the time. The ride is great.

Ride quality is a highly subjective topic for most people...I've owned two Rangers and both have been near the bottom of the list in terms of ride quality...My Nitro Z8 was the worst and my Legend V20 was by far the best...

10. Member
    It's funny trolling motor down ranger wins hands down, ride is ok but I'd say in the middle of the pack. My friends 21i is better then my z520. Yes maybe the 1 foot makes a difference but just saying imo rangers aren't the smoothest ride.
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc

Ive ridden in or driven just about every brand out there..except stroker and allison...90 percent of how a boat rides is in the skill of the driver. One thing I know about a Ranger...you fill it up with water..its not going to roll over and sink...seems like to many bass boats drivers have no clue what the bow of a boat is for...you get some guy slamming a pad down constantly instead of trimming down and cutting the waves, or drivng way too fast for the conditions..his partner goes back and tells all his buddys how bad that boat rides...it's ridiculous...every boat will ride/handle differently with different drivers.
    Last edited by dean c; 03-29-2017 at 09:32 PM.

^^Bingo

It didn't matter what you were in Saturday on Conroe, it was a rough sob!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Ive ridden in or driven just about every brand out there..except stroker and allison...90 percent of how a boat rides is in the skill of the driver. One thing I know about a Ranger...you fill it up with water..its not going to roll over and sink...seems like too many bass boats drivers have no clue what the bow of a boat is for...you get some guy slamming a pad down constantly instead of trimming down and cutting the waves, or drivng way too fast for the conditions..his partner goes back and tells all his buddys how bad that boat rides...it's ridiculous...every boat will ride/handle diffrently with different drivers.
    Ehhh..."90% is in the skill of the driver"...I strongly disagree with that statement...There are certain hull designs that are better than others for rough water and those hull designs account for more than 10% of the ride quality...There is only so much you can do as a driver and you named them...Trim down/jack plate down, cut the waves, and drive at the right speed...

That's like saying well 90% of how stable a boat is with the trolling motor down is how the guy operates the trolling motor...That would be incorrect...Certain hull designs are simply more stable with the trolling motor down...

Quote Originally Posted by shimanogloomis man View Post
    It's funny trolling motor down ranger wins hands down, ride is ok but I'd say in the middle of the pack. My friends 21i is better then my z520. Yes maybe the 1 foot makes a difference but just saying imo rangers aren't the smoothest ride.
    I agree...Trolling motor down my 520c is fantastic!

Ehhh..."90% is in the skill of the driver"...I strongly disagree with that statement...There are certain hull designs that are better than others for rough water and those hull designs account for more than 10% of the ride quality...There is only so much you can do as a driver and you named them...Trim down/jack plate down, cut the waves, and drive at the right speed...

That's like saying well 90% of how stable a boat is with the trolling motor down is how the guy operates the trolling motor...That would be incorrect...Certain hull designs are simply more stable with the trolling motor down...
    Maybe not 90%, but driver input is easily the biggest factor in ride quality, in conditions that are not pristine.

Ok...you make a good point..maybe I'm off a little on the percentage, but I think its still overwhelmingly the biggest factor. Its the prime reason I have the opinion that all bass boats (that I've been in anyway) generally have a barely tolerable ride past about 2-3 foot chop/waves...bass fisherman are typically comparing the LEAST WORST riding boat they've been in...you put a person whos never been in a bass boat in 3 footers , but has been in other more capable style rigs and they will look at you like your crazy calling it a good ride. A better evaluation would sound like this to me..."wow that ***** really sucked in that big water, but damn it sucked a little less that that *****". Ride would be about number 5 for me in boat purchase considerations, because in my opinion in the conditions where ride would really matter...they all pretty much suck.

Anyway...apologies as I digress from the original topic.. also respect all you guys opinions...never to old to learn something.

I'll sum it up about bass boats and lake conroe on a windy or busy day... it plan sucks

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    I'll sum it up about bass boats and lake conroe on a windy or busy day... it plan sucks
    Amen to that Tim...

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Amen to that Tim...
    Double Amen Brother!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast