Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Classic expo deals

I know I may regret posting this, but what were some of the best deals on gear at the expo? I had to work and could not go this year like I planned. What deals did I miss out on at the expo?

2. Member
    $17.99 chatterbaits

3. Member
    Wait about a week and all the freebies will show up for sale on the misc board.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

4. Member
    I'm sure some people were in the right spot at the right time, but I was there yesterday afternoon and didn't see any mind blowing deals. Baits 20-30%, Ranger Wear 50%. I think there some were pretty hot rod and reel deals, but I walked far and wide around those areas.

5. Banned
    Megabass XXX rods. Not that they were discounted, but they debuted for sale at the expo.

I see several rods companies Sunday offering deals and the all reels at Dick's bargain shelve was out of the boxes and you got a nice looking white BMC 2017 rod with the purchase of a reel..

Since I was flying back had to limit buying to a empty suitcase to bring back the stuff I got..

The BASS souvenir shop was unloading last year t-shirts cheap...

Tabula reels were 59 bucks. Several rods were discounted heavily or buy one get one. Lots of baits were pretty cheap. I got several 6th sense cranks for 5 bucks each, yum baits for 1.99 so I picked up some dingers. Startron had an awesome deal too so I grabbed some of that.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    I'm sure some people were in the right spot at the right time, but I was there yesterday afternoon and didn't see any mind blowing deals. Baits 20-30%, Ranger Wear 50%. I think there some were pretty hot rod and reel deals, but I walked far and wide around those areas.

If the Fishing Expo is anything like the same type thing in the Golf Expo, the deals are on the last day because ¢a$h travels way, way better than the crap You spent 2 days setting up, it makes the drive home much more enjoyable...

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    If the Fishing Expo is anything like the same type thing in the Golf Expo, the deals are on the last day because ¢a$h travels way, way better than the crap You spent 2 days setting up, it makes the drive home much more enjoyable...
    That's how it was at the Hartwell BMC expo. Went in late Sunday and loaded up. They'll haggle too. I cleared out some Zoom baits for $1 a bag.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    That's how it was at the Hartwell BMC expo. Went in late Sunday and loaded up. They'll haggle too. I cleared out some Zoom baits for $1 a bag.
    I believe I'll make the trip up this next one and leave on Sat. making sure to be there for closing time on Sunday night..

Megabass XXX rods. Not that they were discounted, but they debuted for sale at the expo.

We had the Megabass U.S. Destroyers that debuted at the Classic. They are truly something special. The 8' punching model and the big bait model are lighter than some other brands 7' rods. Crazy light and balanced. I will be waiting on the UPS truck like a kid the night before Christmas these next couple of weeks.....

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    We had the Megabass U.S. Destroyers that debuted at the Classic. They are truly something special. The 8' punching model and the big bait model are lighter than some other brands 7' rods. Crazy light and balanced. I will be waiting on the UPS truck like a kid the night before Christmas these next couple of weeks.....
    I may have to tap some reel funds for one. I have a Destroyer F6-70XBJ as my topwater rod, and it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley-Maine View Post
    $17.99 chatterbaits
    Haha, smartass

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I got a great deal on my Jet table saw at a woodworking show several years ago. I went to the booth about an hour before the show was scheduled to end and said, "Make me a good deal and you won't have to lug it back with you."

They were quite pleased to do it.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

15. Member
    Got free duckett Rods and free Powell rods!! Duckett was buy 2 get 1 free and Powell was buy 1 get 1 free. Missile baits and Trokar hooks too

I may have to tap some reel funds for one. I have a Destroyer F6-70XBJ as my topwater rod, and it's amazing.

Here is the Megabass U.S. Destroyer Valdivia model with the new Daiwa Tatula SV on it. My new jig/Texas rig setup.

17. Member
    Didn't go this year but in the past, on Sundays, I have bought Simms for 50% , Dobyns at 40% off

That is a sweet looking rig. What is the price tag on those rods? I may have to try one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranchhand02 View Post
    That is a sweet looking rig. What is the price tag on those rods? I may have to try one.
    $399.99ea

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Here is the Megabass U.S. Destroyer Valdivia model with the new Daiwa Tatula SV on it. My new jig/Texas rig setup.
    That's a sweet setup! I run a XX Perfect Pitch w/ Tatula Type-R for jig/t-rig. Have two Levante's as well. Really looking forward to replacing 4 Duckett Micro Magic's with the new XXX's. At $250 per they're really hard to pass up, plus they look freakin sweet. Once you go Megabass it's hard to consider anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast