Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Here the update on how the prop ran.
    Air temp was 59 degree (cold front in oklahoma) water temp was 66 degree. With me by myself and tournament load. Boat holeshot in 3 second and ran 50mph gps @5800rpm. Bow lift really good.

With a partner and tournament load with full livewell. Boat didn't want to break over on holeshot. This is where it gets interesting. I pull my two 31 lead battery and put them in the middle under my deck extension where i have just a empty space. Boat holeshot in 4 second and runs 47mph @ 5800rpm.

I'm gonna finish wiring up my battery into this location and make some battery tray holder and run the prop a few more time this year and see how i think of it. I can still move up another inch on my jackplate and i'm thinking this will be the prop. Will just have to send the prop in to get rework. Overall the boat has great bow lift and the grip on this prop is pretty amazing.
    97 Ranger r82 with 05 honda bf150, Helix 10 mega link with 1198c, Ultrex 80. Fish hard and keep hooking.

2. Member
    Just some fun for the winter time. I order a hydro dynamics magnums jack plate with a 4in added onto the plate so now it can be set up as a short shaft motor. Also install a chris baily hydrofoil. When the new plate comes in I should be able to test my current set up and find some new props to try. I also sold the ofx21. Looks like my pocket won't be so happy the next few months.
    97 Ranger r82 with 05 honda bf150, Helix 10 mega link with 1198c, Ultrex 80. Fish hard and keep hooking.

3. Member
    Update 1/25/21.

PTP now is at 2.75. started at 3.25 PTP. Tested with a tempest plus 21. Boat ran 54 gps mph @ 6300rpm with motor half way trim and boat just beginning to bow lift. Air temp was 48* and water temp was 43*. Holeshot with me empty and full livewell is 4 second and full livewell and 200lbs plus partner was 8.5-9 second. This might be the prop with some rework.

Also try out a yamaha m23 and was able to spin right at 6300 rpm trim out and did 52 gps mph. This prop was pretty ding up so it was just a fun test to see if it can spin a 23p.

Next will be testing a tempest plus 23.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Phongr82bf150 View Post
    Update 1/25/21.

PTP now is at 2.75. started at 3.25 PTP. Tested with a tempest plus 21. Boat ran 54 gps mph @ 6300rpm with motor half way trim and boat just beginning to bow lift. Air temp was 48* and water temp was 43*. Holeshot with me empty and full livewell is 4 second and full livewell and 200lbs plus partner was 8.5-9 second. This might be the prop with some rework.

Also try out a yamaha m23 and was able to spin right at 6300 rpm trim out and did 52 gps mph. This prop was pretty ding up so it was just a fun test to see if it can spin a 23p.

Next will be testing a tempest plus 23.
    The tempest sounds like you're getting closer. I'm not familiar with the max RPM's with this motor. I've always had great success with tempest props. That maybe the what you have to go with and may need to get it worked for your specific application. I will say this in the summer heat you will loose some RPM's so keep that in mind.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    The tempest sounds like you're getting closer. I'm not familiar with the max RPM's with this motor. I've always had great success with tempest props. That maybe the what you have to go with and may need to get it worked for your specific application. I will say this in the summer heat you will loose some RPM's so keep that in mind.
    Buck456 I think the tempest 21 worked for my set up will be the ticket for this boat also. I just going to try a 23 just for fun since my buddie has one. I was thinking the same thing because summer time I loose about 300 rpm so with it being right at the rev limiter have way trim. Summer time I was thinking if I trim out I should gain some of those rpm back and hopefully keep the speed. I think the rev limiter is 6400 rpm because that's where mine seems to be cutting out. My tech is reading 6600 before it cuts out but I think the tech may just be off a little at higher rpm.

6. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    My Xpress X19 with a 150 and a 23 fury or OFX ran 56 to 58. I never ran more than 1/2 tank of gas.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    My Xpress X19 with a 150 and a 23 fury or OFX ran 56 to 58. I never ran more than 1/2 tank of gas.
    I wish mine when all done will be close to that speed. I did achieve my goal that I have set from the beginning. My prop guy told me that my prop slip is at 12% with that set up and I still have some more room to play. He suggest going with a tempest plus 22p and and see how the boat perform and we can tweak the set up from there. A 23 fury will be fun to try also.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123