Looking at getting a RT188. What options would you make sure you get?

I am about ready to pull the trigger on an RT188. Looking for advise for options.

Here is what I am thinking About

dual console
    auto bilge
    spare tire
    ratchet tie downs
    ultrex 24v 80 link
    helix on bow and console etherneted and 360 ducer
    Bow step ( are you guys getting this or does it take up too much room. Not sure how big the step would be without it)
    boat cover
    dual power poles
    extra rod strap on bow
    15a x 3 bank charger

anything I am missing?

thanks.

2. Member
    Some items can be bought and installed much cheaper than what they get you for from the factory. Rod straps, boat buckles, spare tire, etc.

The automatic bilge pump is smart.

3. Member
    Hydraulic steering. <<--- This is a must. Cable steering gets harder over time.
    Getting the bow step is a good idea. It will definitely make the walk easier going to the bow. It's also a good kneeling point when you're opening the rod/storage lockers.

4. Member
    The step is nice to have. Other items on the list look good. Personally I wouldn't do a dual console. Takes up way to much room on an 18ft boat.

And dual poles will void your hull warranty if that concerns you.

5. Member
    Also what engine? If it's a mercury id get a mercmonitor gauge

6. Member
    I'd recommend the 4" setback plate. For about $200 you get much improved handling and clearance for Sidescan transducers.
    Ranger RT188 (2015)
    Mercury Optimax ProXS 115, 4" Setback Plate
    Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 iPilot 70lb
    Garmin 73SV @ Helm, 93SV Chirp @ Bow

I'd only recommend the dual console if your significant other doesn't like the wind in her face. Otherwise I would leave that off. Depending how much you want to do. I bought a plain boat and engine with just the tm cables run and the charger installed and did the rest on my own. Saved some money and learned the boat inside and out for future projects or repairs.

8. Member
    Only one Power Pole is warranted. Go for the Ultrex. Go with the ProXS and hydro steering for that 24" Tempest. I've got everything else on your list. You'll love it.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

9. Member
    Hydraulic steering. I really wish, my 2016 came with it. I thought, I heard the 2017's were coming with it as a standard feature though.

10. Member
    Hydraulic steering
    Hydraulic jack plate
    Hot foot
    Blinker trim
    One pole or bye bye warranty!

11. Member
    Ok I think I need to clarify a little on my setup. I am getting the RT188 setup as a jet boat. Cowtown has worked with ranger and redesigned the transom on the RT188 to work with an outboard jet. Their model number for it is CT1864. Same boat as the RT188 just transom change. So I am going with an ETEC 150HO on the back end with a jet pump. 10 year warranty is too good to be true. Outboard jets product 30% less HP at the jet so that is how I can put the 150 on it. I was told to save my money on the hydraulic steering because it is not needed with an jet pump. They said the no feedback steering is plenty. I asked about the second power pole and they said that it would not void my warranty. They said the new transom setup would handle it. Also the jack plate wouldn't be needed.

The wife gave the approval on the boat but said if she was going with the second console was needed. I would rather not have it. Can it be taken out easily and only placed in when she goes?
    Here is a couple videos of the boat with the jet.