Swapping from efi to carb

I have a 1995 mercury 225 promax efi, just had the powerhead rebuilt. What all is needed to convert to carbs? I can get an intake and carbs, what else do I need?

2. Member
    You do know you will lose HP and any resale value.
    A 245 mercury is a carb version of a 260 mercury.

3. Member
    225 promax block does not have bleeder ports for carbs in the cylinders. Might run ok at wfo but will not idle and mid range properly without extensive jetting etc.

even properly set set up it will lose some bottom end, a promax with the laser injection is very strong on the bottom.

Fix whats wrong with the efi, you will be much happier.

My 225 promax is an animal I've given 260's and 280's fits in short tracks

4. Member
    If you are absolute set on doing it get the full front half set up of a 245, front half intake carbs etc and have someone add bleeder ports.

And then get run over by someone in a stock promax unless you hit the tune perfect.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please see the Forum Announcements, and provide the REQUIRED information when posting. Thanks!

Good info above... I honestly wouldn't even consider "carbing" a ProMax.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Im fixing the efi. Last comment.