Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Hickory said, it's how you fish. For me, most of the lakes I fish have a small limited hp. I use the TM majority of the time, so it pays me to have it up front. I have two big screens anyways, but the biggest is at the bow. My HB with SI just happens to be at the console.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

2. Member
    Another vote for bow.

3. Member
    If you spend a lot of time reading side scan, I was given a lesson by a guide that really helped my knowledge on it. He said you want the biggest screen area you can get to allow the picture to show what it is seeing. If you bunch together the side scan area...you are missing out on finer details that could be shown when giving it the entire width of the screen.
    With that being said... I would run a 12 and an 8 in the back if I could. The 12 for side scan on a gimbal mount (they use the same connections/transducers don't they?) the 8 or 9 for mapping and 2d split screen. And the 8 or 9 up front is typically big enough to see anything you need to see. (I just want a relative location of my waypoint and depth when I am fishing anything but vertical). When you are fishing vertical, trade out the 12 and put it back up front!

Console
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

5. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    I say 12 on console, 9 on bow and 8 on electronics forum would be a perfect setup for a bass boat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12