Help with Lowrance Structure Scan

Attached is a pic of my screen. I believe im marking some timber but the structure scan reads is awfully. I can never seem to get good pictures with it for as long as ive had it. The pic is with the boat at idle too. Could somebody offer some advice as to how I could get this side scan working better?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    At that depth change the frequency to 400 and be sure you are traveling directly over the structure. In the screen shot you are looking at down scan only and for a good screen shot you must travel directly or almost directly over the structure.

3. Member
    So basically the cone on the structure is much more narrower on the down scan than the 83 kHz sonar and I could be off of it but the sonar is still reading it well because it has a wider cone? And yes I meant to say down scan

4. Member
    Yes, that's exactly what's happening. Also, try turning the contrast up or using different pallets to bring out the stuff a little better

5. Member
    I would recommend using 455khz over 99% of the time. Also, take your contrast off of AUTO and adjust it on the fly. Sometimes you will want more or less than auto to really bring out what you are looking for. To my eyes... the blue palette is my favorite. Same tips for sidescan.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI