Carport questions again

I posted a while back and got some really good info, we have finally completed other projects and acquisitions so we are down to this. However, I have been contemplating rather than getting just a 12x26 for the boat only, I believe i could go with something like a 27x32 and cover the entire deck, boat parking and car parking area together (deck is 12x12 on the front of the house). We have a metal roof on the house so getting a "vertical" carport to match is already required. thinking if I got it without any sides we could build in and put siding on the wall the boat will be parked next to.

The question, just how redneck is this concept? I'm not worried about the local skanks' opinion but I do have the ever so rare guest stop by...
    JR Hoops
    2015 Ranger Z520C 250ProXS

First of all, make it to your satisfaction. Don't worry about the critics. I had a new roof put on last spring. I went with the steel in burgundy. I have cedar siding and it goes great together. My non-attached garage has the same roof and I'm getting an enclosed carport, with a roll up door, in the same color for my Bullet (12x31'). The 12x26' would work for me but I'd have to fold the tongue in and I don't want to do that. I need room in there to mess around. I'll have power to it also. You can do a lot with those car ports. If you want a big one that does it all, then get it.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    Well, that's pretty much how I see it but just looking for opinions. Thank you sir
    JR Hoops
    2015 Ranger Z520C 250ProXS

4. Member
    Just moved and had to make a decision on what type of garage for boat storage. We had a enclosed 24 X 32 pole barn at our old house. We decided on an asphalt pad with 24 X 31 X 10 metal garage. Vertical roofing with enclosed gable and sides. Crew building garage tomorrow. I'll let you know about carport dealership after tomorrow. They are a southeastern company I believe.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I used Carolina Carports for my 30X40 shop, and two carports both are 20X22. To save some coin I went with the horizontal roof panels, I don't have to put up with snow down here but you would want to go with the vertical panels will cost you a bit more but worth it. Make sure you get at least 7' sides. Mine with one extra panel, gable ends and FL coded was $1,047 installed.

6. Member
    As stated above, make it to your liking.
    I have a 24*30*10. Two 10w x 8h roll up doors on the front, entry door on rear corner, window dead Center in the back. Love it.
    Boat (17' tin), boys car, mowers, accessories, shelves, workbench, toolbox in it.
    If you ever plan on enclosing it, get it insulated now. Much easier now than later. And spend the extra for more upright s. I didn't do either, regret it now. The current uprights are 5' on center. Will make it fun to insulate and finish out.

You live there and no one else. Make YOU happy!!!!
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by terry5357 View Post
    You live there and no one else. Make YOU happy!!!!
    For now... Remember resale... Dan

9. Member
    I always appreciate a local skank...and their opinion