Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bassmaster Steve Kennedy Second Place

Just watched the Classic. Congratulations to a great champion Jordan Lee for winning. I was really disappointed that Steve Kennedy, who finished second today, did not get much coverage during the three days. Steve should had been in the "Big Six" line-up. He had already out fished most of them. His weight was third on Basstrakk when Bass cutoff the live coverage and was fishing strong.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW View Post
    Just watched the Classic. Congratulations to a great champion Jordan Lee for winning. I was really disappointed that Steve Kennedy, who finished second today, did not get much coverage during the three days. Steve should had been in the "Big Six" line-up. He had already out fished most of them. His weight was third on Basstrakk when Bass cutoff the live coverage and was fishing strong.
    Well second place is first loser!!!!! Didn't deserve coverage....it's all about the winner

3. Member
    I was really pulling for him and upset he didn't get any coverage on live!

4. Member
    Second place is not the first loser. 2nd place is in fact the last loser. Haha. Last place is first loser.

I'll probably get railed for this but...........as long as Steve (or any angler) isn't touting all those sponsors he will not get much coverage. Who would you put the cameras on? The guys who have the sponsors plastered on their boats..... paying the bills. Can't really get mad about it when you look at it from a financial perspective.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hse87 View Post
    Well second place is first loser!!!!! Didn't deserve coverage....it's all about the winner
    Point being there was three days of coverage on the water having no winner; six anglers were called to the forefront of which four were trailing Kennedy before the weight and we had no winner. Kennedy out-fished the six losers and finished second. Bass did not acknowledge Kennedy's position of contention to win the Classic and at least should had been in the line-up with the other six losers.

I didn't get to see any of the live coverage but are y'all saying they showed 3 days of just the winner?!

8. Member
    Weren't the "big 6" or whatever they were called, the guys who were in the top 6 positions going into today? Made sense to me

I personally would have liked to have seen Kennedy get the win, but he fell just a little short. I believe he was one of the most consistent over the course of the 3 days, which was what I felt it would take here on Conroe. But Lee just had a massive day today to pull it out

9. Member
    I like Kennedy too. How the heck does he make it? He's not independently wealthy is he? Fishing alone usually won't pay the bills

10. Member
    I was pulling for Keenedy. He seams like a class act and great fisherman. He does ever seam to get the coverage he deserves.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellville_Tx_Fisher View Post
    Weren't the "big 6" or whatever they were called, the guys who were in the top 6 positions going into today? Made sense to me

I personally would have liked to have seen Kennedy get the win, but he fell just a little short. I believe he was one of the most consistent over the course of the 3 days, which was what I felt it would take here on Conroe. But Lee just had a massive day today to pull it out
    You are right

I like Steve ...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

13. Member
    You guys do realize that they don't just handpick the "Super Six" don't you? They are the guys who were in the top 6 positions after day 2. If Kennedy had been in the top 6 yesterday, he would have gotten more coverage today. They only put live cameras in the top 6 boats.

14. Member
    Don't know him personally, but judging from what I've seen of him, I doubt he's going to lose any sleep over the lack of coverage. I'd expect him to cash his fat check and start thinking about the next tournament.

15. Member
    How was BASS suppose to know he was going to catch em today??

16. Member
    No different than Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffth View Post
    Don't know him personally, but judging from what I've seen of him, I doubt he's going to lose any sleep over the lack of coverage. I'd expect him to cash his fat check and start thinking about the next tournament.
    Right. From what I've read about him and heard from others he wouldn't of been real happy to have the camera in the boat anyway.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    Right. From what I've read about him and heard from others he wouldn't of been real happy to have the camera in the boat anyway.
    we're listening.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky292 View Post
    How was BASS suppose to know he was going to catch em today??
    Exactly...they aren't gonna follow every guy out there

20. Member
    I really don't think he gives a crap about the coverage. He has always done the same thing the same way and it's not going to change now. Kudos to him.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast