Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    You could tell that second place hurt, cool to see Lee win but wouldn't have minded Kennedy or Ehler winning either, Steves got power poles now... WATCH OUT!

2. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    What you see when Steve is interviewed is what you get if you talk to him in person. His dad Van Kennedy is the same. Just a good ol hard working down to earth man. They truly are good people. I have had the pleasure of spending the day in the boat with Van and to have met Steve in person as well. Van still club fishes and if available Steve comes to the state 6 man every year to watch his dad weigh in. You learn a whole lot when in the boat with Van Kennedy for a day and I can tell you Steve would prefer fishing at his own pace and not creating a spectacle. Congrats on the 2nd place finish. Anyone calling that a loser in the BMC is simply a hater or jealous.

Although I did not care who won I was hoping for Steve when I saw he was close. Solid dude and I respect his personal comittments to his fishing.
    Last edited by Bassbully 51; 03-26-2017 at 10:57 PM.
    14' Alumacraft Green machine.
    24v.70# Minn Kota (bow)
    24V. 75# Motorguide (tiller)
    Non green- 9.9 merc

4. Member
    Nice job steve
    Outlaw Bass

5. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    I was hoping he was going to pull off the win, but glad to see him place in the top 3. Congrats to him.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

It was rigged.....If Steve would have won and simply said, "I would like to thank Bass Cat Boats and Power Poles" instead of naming off 29 sponsors, Mercer would have to fill in for more air time with something like g...g...g...giant bass and wasn't up to the task and in fear of being ridiculed on BBC.

7. Member
    I was pulling for him. That missed fish from day one was the diff. He is not sold out to the control of sponsors. So cool that Bass Cat and Mercury picked him up. But also cool to see that his boat is as plain as mine, as far as sponsors go. I like that he goes his own path. He was obviously devastated during the weigh in. I felt so bad for him. I wanted to see him win it all and change his life forever. I hope he rebounds from such an obviously devastating loss. He seemed crushed. shame on BASS for not pointing it out as to how independent he is, but I do understand that it is a commercialized event that the sponsors ultimately pay for.

He was very gracious. He will get his soon.

9. robdy72
    really would like to see him win.

Great job Steve!

11. Member
    He's awesome! I believe it was one of the best classics I have watched!

They only put cameras in the top 5 boats from the day before and they will maybe add a camera to a boat during the day if they can. The super 6 is 1-6th place heading out. Bass track is nothing but weight guessing and honestly they should just get rid of it. It seems to spin people out over helping them anyway. If Steve was in the top 5 he would have had a camera. If the classic was 4 days he would have plenty of coverage on the final day.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

13. Member
    Steve is waiting for his day. He's had a few and will have a few more. He's not done by any means. I think he is exactly the kind of guy he presents as. When his day comes he will enjoy the exposure but until then I kinda think flyin under the radar is his preferred modus operandus. Easier to concentrate.
    GETFISHED !!!

14. Member
    BassTrak is for the fan. Not the angler as they were not allowed to ask the marshall what basstrak was saying. Still cant control what fans say such as last years classic with Christie. The super six is from the 2nd day standing generally, this does not mean camera opportunites, ike was in 6th, had a camera but no live coverage, KVD was in 7th had live coverage. You will see all who had a camera in the boat when footage is aired, Jordan will probably have go pro and marshall footage for the first half of the day. As for kennedy, how someone could not pull for this guy is absolutely beyond me, he has done it his way with an old ranger and a 200 HP engine for many years, he finally got on with BassCat though I'm sure its an insignificant deal. He mentioned he got some powerpoles the day before the official first day and that power pole has asked nothing of him, that a great company! You folks want to call Steve the first loser and I say you are missing the point of what it we lo ve to do and what life is all about, the emotion on Kennedys face and in his voice is something I could only wish to feel someday at an event like that. he was truly happy for J. Lee and in the fact he mentored them for a few years at Auburn U. But you could really feel his disappointment in the way he talked, and there were a few othe pros that sounded the same.

15. Banned
    Second place is the "first loser". Great accomplishment, but nobody will ever remember it... And I'm sure Mr. Kennedy would like to forget about it too... But, then again the cash has to be nice too... Dan

16. Member
    Did Kennedy just put poles on his boat before this tournament. I thought in the preview of boats for the year his boat didn't have poles. I could be wrong. Wanted to see him win but didn't bother me to see Lee or even Ehrler win it if he would have.

17. Member
    I really just want to know how many on here would love to be the "first loser" (2nd place) in the BassMaster Classic. First loser!, hell if I get to the classic that's more than 99.998% of any bass fisherman in America, ill finish in last and y'all can call me whatever you want! I guess I forget we live among the elite here on the BBC and where 2nd place in the BMC is just another loser. You fish on that stage, you compete at that level, you go through the rigors of BMC week and the media request, yep just another loser at the end of the day. Ridiculous... sometimes in life y'all may just be better in your world if you would just say man that person had a great event and did the best they could. Of that's right y'all win every event you fish...Great job to J. lee, S. Kennedy and the other 50 anglers who made it as far as we all would like.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter08i View Post
    Did Kennedy just put poles on his boat before this tournament. I thought in the preview of boats for the year his boat didn't have poles. I could be wrong. Wanted to see him win but didn't bother me to see Lee or even Ehrler win it if he would have.
    Said he saw the wind forcast, and the night before the event drove over to the PP trailer and asked them to install the poles, said it was his best decision ever and gave PP some great comments for it. Not sure if he bought them or they gave em to him but his endorsement I'm sure was well worth giving them to him if they did.

19. Member
    If Steve is not a common staple on your FF team then you are missing out. Especially on Texas lakes. Two tactics he's really good at is a swimbait and frog. These are always are a player down there.
    He's one of my favorites he doesn't need help one of the few that can stay on tour without sponsor money. I love it give me a guy that stands quiet in a t shirt over a loud mouth look at me jersey wearers and he'll beat your socks off everytime
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

20. Member
    From what I am reading is that BASS does not have a contingency plan if someone(s) out of the top 6 makes a run at the top spot on the final day to be able to cover that person.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast