Ultrex mounting question

Can it only be mounted one way ? Reason asking is the head sticks out past the beam of my boat, I about ripped it off on a dock the other day, seems like it would be better with prop pointing out to port side and head pointing in to starboard side, yeah or nay ?

2. Member
    When i mounted mine, i moved it in maybe 1" farther inside the boat to avoid this. I also keep the lower prop outside, head points inside. You can mount it any way you like, long as theres at least 1-1/2" between shaft and rub rail at bow.

3. Member
    Wow, that was very informative, nice job and thanks for the tips.

4. Member
    That video is fantastic! Thank you for posting it. Did you need a different sonar adapter going from fortrex to ultrex? My universal sonar line on my new ultrex seems different than the ultrex. My old adapter doesn't seem to fit.
    thanks

5. Member
    I went from a motor guide to the ultrex. I used a minn kota universal adaptor from lowrance.
    Thanks

6. Member
    Headed down to fish ky lake Paris TN area in mid April! Such a Great Lake!

7. Member
    Excellent video....well done.

8. Member
    Very good and informative video. Noticed your foot pedal power wires going underneath the foot pedal. I suppose you drilled a hole underneath the foot pedal and ran them to a power source. Cool idea to hide the wires. Makes it look very clean.
    2017 Nitro Z21, 300XS, 24p Fury and Bravo1 XS 26p & 27p, 12' Talons, Gen3 12's, SonicHub2, 3DScan and 112 Ultrex and Fortrex.
    2017 Ranger Reata 223F, Mercury 150 Four Stroke, HDS12 Gen3, TotalScan, and Xi5

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowen1656 View Post
    Headed down to fish ky lake Paris TN area in mid April! Such a Great Lake!
    watch for for low water. its really bad south of Paris landing right now. Tva is suppose to bring the water up in April.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Can it only be mounted one way ? Reason asking is the head sticks out past the beam of my boat, I about ripped it off on a dock the other day, seems like it would be better with prop pointing out to port side and head pointing in to starboard side, yeah or nay ?
    I noticed yesterday that i was able to stow the unit with head in and prop out, I swear when I tried it before the motor would not stow, anyway I am a happykamper now.