Cougar ftd vs puma ftd

In the market for a new boat. Can anyone tell me the differences between the cougar ftd and puma ftd? What does ftd stand for? What kinda speed differences are there? I also see some pics with a Velcro rod holder on the deck and some with a rod buckle retractable strap. Is there many options that I do not know about on these two models?

The difference is the deck layout, look at the Basscat site for the decks. The Cougar is a few pounds lighter so theoretically it's going to be a tiny bit faster, but trolling motor, gas, and load will make a bigger difference.

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    FTD stands for full team deck. Mike is right on concerning the differences between the two models.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

4. Member
    Check the Basscat site. The Puma is a bit more premium than the Cougar. Same hull, little different cap. My Puma has velcro rod straps and will run 75+ with a 250 SHO.

5. Member
    The Cougar has the step further back than the Puma which gives more deck space. Look at the Lynx also.

6. Member
    Velcro Straps. Bungee. Retractable straps. All options are up to you.
    Both boats can be optioned with pretty much everything BCB has to offer, Your money.
    The website shows the difference in Deck layouts.
    You will need to get a brochure to see the actual options available.
    Fastest Cougar I have seen was the Advantage. 3 people in the boat. Light on tackle. 83 mph. But my buddy can drive the hell out of BCB boats.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Check the Basscat site. The Puma is a bit more premium than the Cougar. Same hull, little different cap. My Puma has velcro rod straps and will run 75+ with a 250 SHO.
    Cougar FTD and Puma FTD are the same except for different deck configuration. One is not more premium than the other. All depends on the options you choose.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-action View Post
    Cougar FTD and Puma FTD are the same except for different deck configuration. One is not more premium than the other. All depends on the options you choose.
    ^^^^^^^^. This. If you want to see the standard features and options to compare, go to the BCB website and find the brochure in the drop down media menu. Go to pages 31 for trailer options and page 33 for boat options.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^. This. If you want to see the standard features and options to compare, go to the BCB website and find the brochure in the drop down media menu. Go to pages 31 for trailer options and page 33 for boat options.
    Folks this is not exactly right. Bass Cat builts two Cougars and one Puma. They stop making second Puma a number of years ago. The Cougar Advantage is NOT a premium boat only the FTD

10. Member
    There is only one Puma in the on line brochure, and that is the FTD model.

With the two new models just released, the brochure will need an update.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S