Power trim issue

While fishing in a tight spot yesterday my son and I ran to the trim switches (him at the bow and me at the control) and hit the up buttons at the same time. Now no power trim. Relays are clicking and sending voltage. Is there a post relay fuse that i am missing? 1994 Evinrude Intruder GLERV150. Thanks...

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Nope only one on your motor and that is the main 20 amp fuse near the starter. You may be up on the trim limit switch which is located under the steering arm on the tilt tube bracket. Try opening the manual release valve located on the clamp bracket on the left side of the motor.
    Welcome to BBC.

3. Member
    Thank you... The motor never came up. I had to go in the water and open the manual release to trailer the boat yesterday. I'm afraid we may have zapped the motor. Wouldn't have thought that hitting both buttons would have done that though.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Try swapping the relays and see what happens.

5. Member
    No change.. can I jump from the + of the battery to the blue/green wires on the pump motor?

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yep + from batt to blue on connector and - to green on connector. Motor should go up. Reverse to go down.

7. Member

8. Member
    Wired motor direct, it worked. Installed new relays and still nothing but the relays clicking.

9. Member
    The power trim motor gets its main power from the starter solenoid. I found a broken ring terminal on the solenoid and after replacing it, the power trim works again.... The control circuit was fine.

10. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Good job.