STX Seat Upgrade

Has anyone upgraded their seats in an LE series Legend to the new STX seats with the gel? Was it worth the money? Does anyone have any pics of some from a non V series boat? I'm considering upgrading, but I'm curious what the actual design would look like for my 07 LE series boat.

2. Member
    I don't hear of legend doing this kinda thing for owners like a company like ranger or cat does. I look forward to hearing if they'd offer this kind of service. It may just be their smaller size and time in the business
    Nitro z21

3. Member
    Don't waste your money. I had them, and althoughi loved my legends, the seats were not right for me. I am 6' 1" and my son is 6'3" and the back of the seats has a spot where you can feel the wood in the seat hitting the middle of our backs. The gel on the bottom just compresses and bottoms out. The gel is not really any help.
    Pool 10

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Don't waste your money. I had them, and althoughi loved my legends, the seats were not right for me. I am 6' 1" and my son is 6'3" and the back of the seats has a spot where you can feel the wood in the seat hitting the middle of our backs. The gel on the bottom just compresses and bottoms out. The gel is not really any help.
    I agree im 6'1 and that spot hits me right in the middle of my back also.Im ok with the bottom though. The seats would be better without the hole and make it a solid back.

5. Member
    I put them in my v21 last year.

I love the material better than anything else I have ever sat in or had in my own boats.

Also. I have black and in the direct sun all day they stay cool on to sit on with shorts. Black leather in the sun = ouch.

6. Member
    I'm 6' 4" so some of the comments are kind of worrisome. I don't even have the original Legend seats in mine as I guess someone before me tore them up. Mine has some aftermarket seats so the color doesn't match and they also mount real high causing the screws to constantly back out. I have several fixes without much luck which lead me to the Legend seats, but they are very expensive compared to any aftermarket seats I have come across.

7. Member
    I'm going to bump this thread and see if anyone can possibly help me out. Could anyone take a pic of how the seats mount in the boat? I've asked the factory, but can't get a clear answer and a picture would be much easier. It seems like maybe there is a plate in the middle of the back portion of seat that you mount through, is that correct?