Light bulbs for my 98 champion 203

Anyone know where I can get replacement bulbs for my compartments on my champ 203? Looks like they snap in place and ground in the middle of the bulb. I have searched an searched but can't find them. Any assistance would be appeeciated!!!

Is it a festoon type bulb?

3. Member
    Im not sure. I see its a single point bulb and it snaps into place. only one hot connection. the ground for it is the entire fixture. only place it gets a ground is through the metal housing it snaps into. Its a bulb but in order to snap into the housing its gotta be about 1 inch in diameter or close. its gonna be fat. I just cant find any that look close. I have searched online and I may be looking at it but Im not sure. All the bulbs were missing when I got the boat. I have nothing to go on.

4. Member
    From tip to tip measure it in millimeters and then type festoon and whatever MM it is into amazon and it'll pull up. If you do not have a set of calipers to measure then I will measure tomorrow when I get home.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssuvette View Post
    From tip to tip measure it in millimeters and then type festoon and whatever MM it is into amazon and it'll pull up. If you do not have a set of calipers to measure then I will measure tomorrow when I get home.
    When I look at the festoon bulbs they have two connecting ends. The bulb in mine only touches on one end. That's whats confusing me. I wish I could put pics on here but I cant figure it out. Its a weird looking housing. The festoon bulbs are 2 point bulbs mine will be a single point.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Text me a picture or two and I'll post them up for you. I'll shoot you a PM with my number.

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Here is what he's got.

Attached Images Attached Images

I'd go to the Basscat website and order new ones.

http://www.basscatstore.com/courtesylight.aspx

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ncshooter View Post
    Anyone know where I can get replacement bulbs for my compartments on my champ 203? Looks like they snap in place and ground in the middle of the bulb. I have searched an searched but can't find them. Any assistance would be appeeciated!!!
    I have a 98 203 and you will be best served by installing Bluewater LED lighting strips in the compartments. Very easy to do, not expensive, and you will be amazed how much more light you will have. I guarantee you that you will not regret it. I have them in the center box and the two rod lockers. Love them. Also put them on the trailer and the illumination from those is outstanding.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUDVM View Post
    I have a 98 203 and you will be best served by installing Bluewater LED lighting strips in the compartments. Very easy to do, not expensive, and you will be amazed how much more light you will have. I guarantee you that you will not regret it. I have them in the center box and the two rod lockers. Love them. Also put them on the trailer and the illumination from those is outstanding.
    Have to agree with this. If you don't get Bluewater there are a myriad of other options that are economical , easy to install , and will actually produce adequate light. In my 08 210 the lights in my compartmentswork, but man are they lame. Some day I'm gonna yank em and install some real lights.
    GETFISHED !!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSUDVM View Post
    Also, I will add that all you have to do is use the wiring for your current locker lights. So very easy install.