I took a guide striper fishing to show him the PS31

A friend of mine is a striper guide and we share fishing stories all the time. I have been having much better luck than he lately, in my opinion because I was fishing with side planers. He told me stripers weren't boat shy,LOL. So I took him fishing With the PS 31 pointed forward and trolling with the Terrova in 30-35 feet of water, it is normal to see fish 80' in front of the boat. It is also normal to see them disappear,many go down (and fast) and many go to the side and some swim straight away. In 3 hours he must have said I can't believe those fish just dive like that ten times, and after 17 stripers in the boat he was convinced,LOL. Not to buy a Garmin and Panoptix but he ordered a bunch of side planers. Moral of the story, Panoptix a is convincing tool!

2. PECo
    What size stripers do you catch? Do you ever catch them with jigs?

3. Member
    LOL! Love that story!
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

4. Banned
    Nice job Azbo

Great write-up BUT::::

6. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Thats a nice haul!
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

8. Member
    Azbohunter - if you ever have a backseat available, I would enjoy seeing your panoptix and striper tactics in action.
    i have the 21 on my yak and thought it would be valuable for stripers, but I don't get to pleasant much.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bksnaz View Post
    Azbohunter - if you ever have a backseat available, I would enjoy seeing your panoptix and striper tactics in action.
    i have the 21 on my yak and thought it would be valuable for stripers, but I don't get to pleasant much.
    It is interesting to see fish behavior with the PS31. Amazing how many fish clear the boat lane even trolling with the Terrova. I usually fish Pleasant at least once or twice a week so let me know when. I avoid weekends, benefits of retirement and I leave AZ during the summer also benefits of retirement!

10. Member
    You must see my friend Howard in his red ranger out there then. He and his friend are usually out there Tuesday / Thursday. Both are retired as well.