Thread: Refresh PT175

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Refresh PT175

Well teardown is almost complete.
    Console and full wiring harness, all came out in one unit. Wasn't easy, but I can run the motor to keep it stored wet. A lot of cleaning to do and then paint.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Good all redneck style but it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    You are a brave man, Glenn. What year is your Tracker and how did the wood and carpet look when you pulled it out? Judging by the looks of the foam you pulled our I would suspect it wasn't in that great of shape.

4. Member
    This is an interesting project. With that foam out you could gain extra storage in front of the normal storage compartments.

Quote Originally Posted by WileyW View Post
    You are a brave man, Glenn. What year is your Tracker and how did the wood and carpet look when you pulled it out? Judging by the looks of the foam you pulled our I would suspect it wasn't in that great of shape.
    Well the front deck piece was in great shape like new. Ho it's a 2006. The carpet was in good shape over all. I just never like it. So I planned on this for awhile now. I just been putting it off. Because I knew what kind of hassle it was going to be, to replace it. But when I found the foam wet. Well now Iam just going to rebuild it, and not buy a new one.

Now the floor (cockpit) piece was good, but for two spots that the foam was tight to it. Not rotten, but water stained on the bottom only. Still structurally strong.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    This is an interesting project. With that foam out you could gain extra storage in front of the normal storage compartments.
    Yes sir, l plan on adding larger lockers. In front and back.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

7. Member
    Good luck on this Glenn, what floor covering you going with?
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    Good luck on this Glenn, what floor covering you going with?
    lam going to start with some type of textured paint. If it doesn't work out. Then I can carpet over it. But only on the two decks. UPOL makes a good sprayin liner though, will see. Floors and decks will be 1" square tubing frame. With .100 diamond plate. So they will be removable. And hatches will be the same. With a much tighter fit.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Wow. That is quite the project. But winter projects are supposed to be done by now.........what are you fishing out of in the meantime?
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

10. Banned
    You do realize the bass fishing will be on fire in Ft Wayne in about 4-6 weeks

HeHe, yes guys I know. My son-in-law, or I should just say son. Love that kid, it's okay to say kid right. Even if there 35 right.

He has 2 boats so that more are less why it will take so long. Not missing much of the season

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

12. Member
    Are you going to put any foam back in there for sound deadening? If so what kind?

13. Member
    I like the idea of the textured paint but aren't you afraid of your rods getting rash from laying on it?

14. Member
    Did you notice any reason the back storage compartments aren't larger? This is a huge complaint for most of us. Is there wiring, steering cables or plumbing in those areas that would make it a hassle?

1, yes I will be putting foam back. Geofoam everyone can google it.

2, I may have to put in some padding on the 2 decks. Are carpet the decks. But essentially I just want to be able to hose this thing out and not worry about cleaning carpet all the time.

3, No there is nothing in those 2 pods in the back. Port side has the hose for bilge pump against the transom. But that much foam is there (I think) because of so much weight in a concentrated area. Looking at how much smaller the pods are on a grizzly boat that only has a 6 gallon tank and spot for only one or two batteries that's my guess.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

16. Member
    I have long thought the best deck setup would be a bed liner type finish on th deck but then install custom rugs down on top that snap down or are fastened with hardware. Obviously to keep the hatches the craftmanship of the rugs would be intense.

Transom, that's a idea. I know a guy with a Stratos bass boat that has the carpet that snaps in and out. I may have to take a good long look at that.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

18. Member
    I have seen sheets of 4'x8'x1/2" fiberglass with at nice finished side that has some texture that would make awesome decking but I'm sure the cost of it you would really want to make sure you didn't cut wrong

Quote Originally Posted by mattfrompa View Post
    I have seen sheets of 4'x8'x1/2" fiberglass with at nice finished side that has some texture that would make awesome decking but I'm sure the cost of it you would really want to make sure you didn't cut wrong
    That might save a lot on the weight and a half and to spray it but man I would think it be expensive. LOL I'm not sure I want to put that much into this little boat but thanks I appreciate all the input guys

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Now that's a project... It's not a triton though
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast