Thread: Refresh PT175

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    It's taking me so long, one is the house projects. But I have been fishing. I think it's mostly because lam not sure what lam going to do with it yet. As of now putting it together with all metal floors with a bedliner type coating inside. So it's easy to wash out. And set it up for river fishing ( trolling motors batteries in the front ) motor on a hydraulic jack plate.

Thing is lam in no hurry. It's a project boat. Soon as we're done with the house. Things will move much faster.lol

I see some type of a tiller style boat in the future though.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

2. Member
    I "refreshed" am old starcraft 16 ft v sc years and years ago. I just wet the grass under her, wet the bunks, and winched onto the trailer (not hitched - goes nose to sky when it gets on it slowly comes down). It went on very easy. Today I'd put those trailer bunk glide on strips.

Can't wait to see this thing finished. Love to see these projects done right! Good luck!

and IMO the Forrest green/black combo
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

Well got around to painting the boat. And I will say it's the last one I'll ever do. Lol

Tape job wasn't all that great around the rub rail. So have some to fix. New rub rail will help a bunch. Still have to paint the inside and top gunnels. Then on to the fun stuff.

should start to go much faster. Now that the house projects are whining down.

Attached Images Attached Images

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

5. Member
    That color is going to look great.

6. Member
    BA man - that's BA. Nice job.

Bad arse...

How about these? Can y'all guess the theme yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

8. Member
    I thought you were going to paint it up like the Oregon ducks and paint it a different color every week.

9. Member
    That is looking good. It's coming together really nice
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I thought you were going to paint it up like the Oregon ducks and paint it a different color every week.
    Really? You definitely have me mistaken with someone else LOL.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Are you leaving the bottom in the raw? If so I like that concept so no worries about paint scratches. I especially like though the idea of how you masked off the bow curve and painted it. That would not get scuffed but it would allow the hull color to show on the trailer and in the water instead of raw aluminum. Ranger should take note of that and paint their boats that way.

12. Member
    Very nice.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

13. Member
    That would not get scuffed but it would allow the hull color to show on the trailer and in the water instead of raw aluminum. Ranger should take note of that and paint their boats that way.
    My Lowe was full hull painted and I was constantly touching up scratches in that area from junk thrown by my tires. I really like the raw bottom of my '15.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

Yes the bottom is going to stay raw. I thought hard about it. And really didn't make my mind up until that morning, when I started taping. But I just couldn't see painting the whole bottom knowing where I'm going to use this boat the most, in a river with sandbars in the gravel bars. I would always have to be touching it up. So I painted down to where I don't think I'll get any scratches beaching it. And most of the waterline is on the paint so it will be much easier to keep clean then having the scum in the aluminum. When it's on the trailer you basically won't see much except from the bow roller down to where the bunks pick up and take over. When it's in the water you'll just see about a foot of that point behind the bow eye down to the water. So it should basically be a lot easier to keep clean.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    My Lowe was full hull painted and I was constantly touching up scratches in that area from junk thrown by my tires. I really like the raw bottom of my '15.
    I run flaps behind my rear tires. They prevent most of that.

I really like the color. That is going to be a nice boat when you get finished. What are you going to do regarding the stripes or decals for the sides? The base color is nice and pretty original....don't see that color on the lake much but sharp....very sharp.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    I really like the color. That is going to be a nice boat when you get finished. What are you going to do regarding the stripes or decals for the sides? The base color is nice and pretty original....don't see that color on the lake much but sharp....very sharp.
    Thanks,
    I'm going to put a black pinstripe probably 3/8" wide along the bottom painted edge. I will get with lGUANA Grafix to come up with a pattern just on the rear of each side. And registration numbers upfront. And that's about it. I really want to just to stay clean.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

18. Banned
    Glad it's moving along. What's your new estimate of completion?

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Glad it's moving along. What's your new estimate of completion?
    I really don't have one. But hopefully next spring would be nice. But Iam in no hurry. This is a project. So In starting the next step approach. I look at what that is. Then look at what I want to do, as a way of improving it. To make that section work best for my needs.

Take the foam for instance. There will be the volume that is needed. With a sculpture to it, to shed water and not have places water can't escape from it. Weight distribution. I may be putting the TM batteries up front. Iam going to need a flatter ride.

So not letting to much out yet. Because I have a plan. But if it's really feasible, that still in the planning stage. Or I may just put it back in it's original configuration.

I really like this hull. It's why I bought it. And basically that's it. But I could take something from say 10 other boats. That I could do to fit what I need.

I did meet with a welder today. That I've known for awhile. And this could start moving along. So if this project goes as I wish. It will definitely be a one of a kind.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

20. Member
    Nice color. I feel like giant "Tracker" or whatever letters are like women's jeans from the 70s. If they give you a free one to advertise and you are a pro, okay. I don't know anyone with giant Chevy or Ford letters (over 16) on their car or truck. I can't wait to pull that crap off. Yours looks so clean!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast