UFP A60 Latch replacement?

Has anyone in here every replaced one? I'm in the process of replacing mine and I'm having a few issues pulling it out. After removal of the 2 pins and spring, you could move the latch assembly around, however it won't come out of the small space it has. Anyone here with knowledge of having it come out?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Pull the inner member out and stretch the latch out like you have in the picture. You can replace it from the inside as an assembly.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DABS View Post
    Pull the inner member out and stretch the latch out like you have in the picture. You can replace it from the inside as an assembly.
    How would I go about pulling it out? J/C on where the bolts are, OR is it the 2 bolts that has those c-clips (#4 on the photo)? and would I have to detach the brake line also?

4. Member
    Remove the two pins with clips. Items 4 on the view. Disconnect the brake line and it should separate. The two rollers, items nine, will also come out. As will items 10. If you disconnect the brake line the brakes will need bleeding. Hope this helps.

5. Member
    Any other trick on getting that #4 bolt out? I removed the clips/washer but I'm having a hard time hammering those 2 pins out....seems like they're stuck and can't come out....or unless I'm missing something else?
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    You may have mushroomed the edge by hitting with a hammer. You will probably have to taper it now and use a 1/2" bolt as a center punch to remove it. Once the edge gets peened over, the snap ring will no longer fit and it will likely not slide out the hole any longer.

7. Member
    Somebody painted it so you probably has an issue with the paint.

For the next guy reading this. Order 2 new roller pins and C-Clips before starting the job, $6 each from Waymeire. To remove the roller pins, it is SOP to use brass punches.