Need Advice 2014 Skeeter FX 20 issues

Hey everyone. Need some advice. I bought my FX 20 in May of 2014 and have had hull fractures that's been repaired by my fiberglass guy and went back to the skeeter plant last year to be fixed. Well today guess what I find... yep stress fractures in the hull again. My buddy and i were fishing on Lake Eufaula AL today and the south part of then end was a little rough today. Driver side and passenger seats both broke! I'll try and attack pictures. Was running fast through the chop either. I'm just at a loss with this boat. I love Skeeter and would get another one. I'm just convinced I got one of the bad ones. What do you all think? Skeeter said when it went to the plant that they scoped it and said it was just cosmetic and any future repairs would have to be paid out of pocket. Fiberglass guy thought something internally was failing... I'm just at a loss and don't know really what to expect.

Jason
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

2. Member
    I had a bad one as well, that's why I traded it. You could scratch the finish by getting out of it and rubbing your sneakers across it.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    I had a bad one as well, that's why I traded it. You could scratch the finish by getting out of it and rubbing your sneakers across it.
    Did you have an FX? Did you go with another Skeeter?
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

4. Member
    Had a ZX20, now have a Basscat.

5. Member
    Bump
    Last edited by Seniorjumper82; 03-26-2017 at 10:02 PM.
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

IVE GOT A 2012 WITHOUT A STRESS CRACK ONE. THINK YOU MUST HAVE GOT A LEMON.
    2012 Skeeter FX20 250 SHO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin wheeler View Post
    IVE GOT A 2012 WITHOUT A STRESS CRACK ONE. THINK YOU MUST HAVE GOT A LEMON.
    Hopefully I'll find out this week what they are gonna do. Otherwise I'll be paying out of pocket.
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

8. Member
    Very interested to see how this is handled

9. Member
    I'll report back when I find out something this week. Hope it all works out for the best.
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

10. Member
    Still haven't heard back from Skeeter. For you guys with the FX how many of you have spider/stress cracks on yours? I don't want to sound negative but with all these problems I'm considering going to another brand. I love my Skeeter I just want to have something that I don't have to worry if things are going to work or not.
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

11. Member
    Hopefully they do you right. Just don't get your hopes up on another brand. You could very well be dealing with the same issue. Lots of owners hiding out there who wont tell the truth publicly because of brand loyalty, being bias, brand reputation, or embarrassment of money spent.

12. Banned
    My 2012 fx been to the glass shop three times for fractures on running surface. All were covered by skeeter. Had two 4ft long and two 6in cracks near the front of the boat. Repair shop said the hull had some air pockets trapped in the resin.

13. Member
    Wait, so your boat is less than three years old and both your seats fell off? If skeeter doesn't cover this I would start asking some questions. I am shopping for a boat now and this kinda crap will change minds.

14. Member
    Yep so the plastic/hard foam board whatever it's called is stapled to the bottom and has a lip maybe 1/2 inch thick at best snapped into which caused the seats to fall off. Had to put them in the truck on the ride home or they would have blown out. We hit some rough water but nothing that bad. I couldn't believe it! I'm not a huge guy either so that wasn't the cause either! My previous nitro z7 held up to way worse. My boat is kept indoors, only 42 hours. If Skeeter doesn't replace the boat which I don't believe is that much to ask since it's already been back to the factory for repair and the issues still continue. I love the layout and the ride of the boat. It's just very disheartening to me cause I love this boat but can't keep dealing with this every season.
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

15. Member
    I had a 16 fx 20 LE replaced with a 17 le because of cracking. I had cracks from the bow eye to the Hamby. Cracks running out from under the carpet doing a 180 and going back under. Other cracks in top cap. My boat had less than 6 hours on motor. My dealer had it taken care of. I was told to pick ant 17 le and they built it.

16. Member
    Yeah I just wonder why I've had to go through the ringer it seems like with them. I'll take an existing one, just tell me where to go get it. They don't even have to deliver it (unless it's west coast lol). I just want a solid, reliable trouble free boat. If they don't make it right I will more than likely make the switch to Ranger.
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

17. Member
    Update. Got an email from Skeeter this afternoon and they are in the process of locating me a replacement boat! I'm very happy to say the least. It sucks that I had to go through all this with the boat, but Skeeter really showed me today that they stand behind their product. Skeeter owner for life!
    2017 Skeeter FX20LE

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seniorjumper82 View Post
    Update. Got an email from Skeeter this afternoon and they are in the process of locating me a replacement boat! I'm very happy to say the least. It sucks that I had to go through all this with the boat, but Skeeter really showed me today that they stand behind their product. Skeeter owner for life!
    Thats good. Its good too see they are living up to that "crappy customer service". Beside you don't want one of those R boats anyway.