New propeller question

I have a 2013 Tracker TXW with a 20 hp Mercury and need a new propeller. The boat only goes about 7 mph wot. I use it on hp restricted lakes so a bigger motor is not an option as of now. The prop on the motor now is a 9 1/4" and 8 pitch. So would a different pitch or stainless prop give me a little more speed?

2. Member
    I have a 25HP on a 19V Bullet. Best so far is 17.5 mph. I did have to raise the motor way up to get it in the neighborhood of correct RPMs. Watch your pee stream, my motor is really high and on a 6" plate. I don't remember which prop I have but but seems like it's a 10"X14P. I had the same motor and prop on a 16.5 Sea Nymph bass boat and best speed was 23 mph. I think my motor is a '87.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

3. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    I wouldn't put the money into stainless for that rig......aluminum is just fine.....if you want speed, check rpms with current prop at wide open throttle......if it's OEM prop, it's likely best already......as said above, raising the motor may help a little
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------