Shimano Expride 7'2" MH Glass / Composite

My long exhausted hunt for a bladed jig / squarebill / lipless rod is over. Tried custom, Zodias 7'6" crank, Loomis MBR's, Megabass Orochi, but finally found the one. I know everyone is different when it comes to what taper, power, blank is right for them but if you get a chance to check out the new Expride rods I highly recommend it. SIC guides, light as a feather and power when you need it. Love this rod!

2. Member
    I picked up this rod on a warranty swap based on your post and must agree with you. I've paired it with my Chronarch Ci4 and it will be a phenomenal bladed jig rod and LC 2.5/BDS rod. Thanks for the suggestion.

3. Banned
    My next one now !

4. Member
    I picked one up at the classic expo for a nice price... haven't had the opportunity to really test it out, but so far I like it.

They have changed the expride line-up to suit the american market. priced better now too.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

5. Member

Shimano Expride MH glass rod

I know this post is old, but I am thinking about getting the 7.2 MH Expride and thought you could give me some advice. How well would it do with squarebills and medium divers? I have a G. Loomis IMX Pro 845CBR now and I have it in my head that graphite is better than glass. I could be wrong. The only Expride I have is a 6'10 medium and it casts a mile (probably because of the spiral X technology). I am always looking to cast my crank baits further...

6. Member
    Old post here ... but I was going to ask the same question? The IMX pro 845 or a Glass Expride ???
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

7. Member
    I like the Expride better

8. Member
    My only concern about the Expride is it won’t handle the larger Crankbaits as well as the IMX.
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250